Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Green Thumb growing...

Hey ya'll...

NOTE: For those of you who read Sharon, i.e., Ms. Just Write Now!, you will all know that she was going to donate a kidney to her brother Dee on July 17th. Well, I got a call from her, and all went well with the operation. In her words "Dee is kicking high, and I am kicking low..." I am not sure what that means... I think she is having one of her microphone moments. But she says to let you all know that she is doing fine... and that she she's up in Saint Louis, where the power has been out all week due to storms, so she is unable to blog...

But she is doing well, and recovering well, and will be back to blogging real soon :)

Now on to today's post...

A couple of weeks ago, I planted some flowers in the front yard. I was a bit antsy because my flowers looked like they had been on crack, and needed some help, some resuscitation... something...




But two weeks later, with a little of this Oldgirl's love and tender care... Voila...



Before...



After...



And a picture from a view that the neighborhood prostitutes and crackheads get, from the retainer wall in front of my house...




And here's a picture of two basil plants that I bought at the same time that I bought the flowers for the yard. They were half this size when I bought them! Oh how they have grown!!



I had them on the porch, but I brought them in the house... I learned at the last street association meeting that some of the crackheads are stealing plants off the front porches... Interesting (as always).

So needless to say...

I am getting there...

The green thumb is growing... slowly but surely.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update on Sharon. I've been checking her site everyday since the operation. Glad she's doing well.

    Your plants look so good. I'm happy for you. My yard still looks like crap ... I'm waiting for an appointment with the tree service to make my front yard presentable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:35:00 PM

    I found your blog through Nikki's and was pleasantly suprised to see an update on Sharon (one of my blog-friends:). Thanks for the update. BTW, plants look good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw...that's wonderful. I love to plant flowers. They just bring you so muh joy when you see them sprouting up higher and higher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. stealing plants off the front yard? YIKES.

    glad sharon's doing aiight.

    oh, and you got an incredible hulk thumb, it's so green.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When in the hell are you gonna update? I'd hate for this to be your day job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @S23...

    Ahh... the blog patrol is in full, full effect...

    Honey, chill... take a deep breath, and please put your clear heels back on... I am working on it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting the update....I'm back among the living though my laptop has gone to the computer graveyard in the sky ;) I have left a post at my spot and will try to post as much as I can using my company computer until I get a new one. Your flowers are beautiful and being a flower lady myself, I'm an authority.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!