Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Making of the Gift, Part III

So the afghan was pretty much made, and I was putting the finishing touches on it (trim work, etc.)

And Oscar Tyrone was keeping watch over it...




As a matter of fact, he'd been keeping watch over it for a minute... even taking chances of jumping up on it while I was trying to take pictures of it.


I tell you... I don't know what to do with him. I'd yell at him, and he'd give me that look that says "I'ma stand here and see what you do." If I act like I'm gonna run up on him, THEN he'd move.
He's not my cat, but my ex-husband's cat, as I have "custody" of him. So he better be careful before he gets sat out on the street!

I usually put whatever crochet project I'm currently working on in a bag or box. But there are too many times where I would fold it up and leave it out.
And when I come back around, Oscar-Tyrone has taken it for his own.






As you can see, I am right up on him, and uh, he is just looking at me.

I remember one time, waking up in the middle of the night, and remembering that I
hadn't put up the blanket... well, I found the boy laid out on it...






It is easier to go into the kitchen and shake his catnip jar, so he'd come running. I can't just move him, because he will dig his funky claws into the blanket, and that would be a BAD thing.

Alas, when I washed the afghan, and finally mailed it away, Oscar-Tyrone was a bit sad... I noticed him wondering around looking for it. I felt sorry for the little fella.

Now, I have my own afghan, which I made seven years ago... This is the style of blanket I usually give for gifts, as I have made 10 of them in different colors.


I laid that out near Oscar's special chill out area, hoping he would take to it.
As you can see, he don't seem to be all THAT happy with it. LOL! He'll survive.
Now, when I make afghans, I usually make potholders to go along with them.

Isn't that nice of me?
Well, not really. This means that I had left over yarn and had to do something with it.
I am the queen of the Bootleg!
Tayari, don't put nothing too hot on those or they will burn up!! LOL!
So that does it for my crochet posts, and the making of the ultimate gift!!
See ya tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Seems that the cat is very much in love with ya skills and ya product. I can tell because he looks just like my dog whenever somebody gives him something to lay his big butt on. Like he just won the world!

    I am gonna say it for the cat. "Where mine homie? I am your biggest fan, and I ain't got no afghan!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:54:00 PM

    why am I so happy over pics of the cat??????????

    i still want the pat-ter-rin...I'll finish around 2010...but it'll be pretty too lol

    I love the Cat stories Oldgirl lol...aight aight ....Leezie...

    T...u got a hell of a gift...I've seen her work up close..Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a BEAUTIFUL blanket!!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!