Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Manuscript Critique Announcements

What's up er'body... It's your friendly neighborhood Oldgirl!!

I probably won't be posting much this week, but I wanted to give a shout out to Racer X, i.e., my idol Tayari Jones (lol) for a fundraiser she's heading up over on her blog for the Dunbar Village survivors.

She and several authors are offering up manuscript, poetry, and story critiques on ebay. You can head over to eBay and bid on them. All proceeds go to the Dunbar Village survivors. (click here for ebay page).

Participating authors include: Tayari Jones, George Saunders, Martha Southgate, Carleen Brice, Sarah Schulman, and many more.

Now, for you writers out there... I participated in something similar to this last year, and won a manuscript critique from an author I really like, Nichelle Tramble. She edited, line for line, the first 450 pages of my Sweet Heat manuscript. I can not tell you how much her comments and advice helped me, so much so that I decided to take classes. I really grew in my writing because of it.

So you up-and-coming writers who have a manuscript, story, or piece of poetry you want critiqued... go on over and have a look-see.

And don't forget to bid, bid, bid!!

Have a good week:)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting. Yes, it is for a really good cause, but there is also a lot of good stuff over at the auction.

    Friends can give you sort of a gut reaction on your work, but professoinals can give you reactoin and also specific help on how to improve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'ma havta go over there and check things out...then, maybe I'll get brave enough to bid and let someone who knows stuff about this kinda stuff critique something I've written...ain't fear a ...hitch?

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!