Monday, March 18, 2013

Happy Dreary Monday Morning

Happy Dreary Monday, ya'll.

I am not dreary. But it looks all dreary outside today in the ATL. It's suppose to rain really hard during rush hour traffic this evening. I am NOT happy about that, because you know we ATLiens can 't drive as it is. And when it rains, sleets or snows? My goodness. There will be quite a few accidents scattered all around the city. Sigh. I plan to dodge them all indeed!

Weekend. I had a great weekend. First of all, the weather was PERFECT. I didn't even really need a jacket! You know that's all good.

I've had myself on a good schedule for the past two weeks. Lo and behold, I have figured out a way to get rid myself of rushed and stressful mornings, and how to keep my house straight during the week. That has worked out well, and I will continue to improve, with the goal of using my weekends to clean out and get rid of junk and stuff I just don't use anymore. It amazes me how I collect so much stuff. I am from a family of hoarders, so I better get a handle on that now before I carry on the family traditions!

Mzinspiredmind was in town, so I had quite a few chances to hang out with her and her wonderful kids. (They are the most mannerable children I've ever met. What a surprise. I wanted to send their Mama home, and keep them with me, lol). I even saw my sister Kentucky and blogger Tazzee!

*backflips*

A great time was had by all. Come back to my city soon, Babes! I'd love to see ya again :)

Grandma. Oh goodness. My beloved little 4'11" Grandma. Sigh. We have been dealing with some debit card ratchetness as of late. Seems like she lost some, and had to get new ones. My aunt has power of attorney or something like that. That touched the account that I have with Grandma. So I had to get a new card for her and make sure everything was under my address.

The strange thing is that she couldn't remember her debit card number. I am not sure why she changed it from something we agreed upon. But she did. And couldn't remember the pin number. She gave me three different pins, and you should've seen me at the Wal-Mart trying to use her card. That was hilarious. Luckily, one of the numbers she gave me was the right one. Now let's just hope she remembers it. I may have to just give her some cash each month. That way she doesn't have to think about the card.

I may do that.

Anyway, before I delivered her new debit card to her, I stopped by Ba.nkhead Seafood.
 Grandma loves good fried fish. And this place serves up the best.


You get all of that for $5. And that includes your tax. That's a ton of fish. And there's a hushpuppy or two in there somewhere.

Yes. For only $5. They don't strike me as the type of folks who care to count out pennies, nickels, quarters, and dimes. Paper money only. Thank you.

And they don't keep the money up front. Seems like they keep it in the back where they fry the fish. I bet if you go back there trying to rob them, they will kick your butt good fashion. Either that or shoot your tail.

I thought they only sold fish. But they don't. Hmmm... here's a shot of the menu.


They are only open 4 days a week for only 5 hours at a time... or until they run out of fish. So you may be cutting it close if you head up in there around 2:00 pm. Sigh.

I didn't want any fish. But I wanted the 5 for a $1 hushpuppies, though. They have really good hushpuppies.

Grandma and I sat at her little yellow formica table in her cramped little kitchen and ate our lunch.

"How you like your fish?" I asked.

"It's goooooooood," she said, she said between bites. "Real Good."

I am sure it was. She and my uncle will be eating that fish for the rest of the week!

And my hushpuppies were great, too.I wish they would let me work in that kitchen for free for a day so I can learn how to make such good hushpuppies.

Song of the Week. Daykeeper by Foreign Exchange.



I like this song. But I must admit, it is a bit ambiguous. They could be talking about relationships. Relationships with your significant other... or with drugs. I have no idea. I like the production.

That is all for this dreary Monday.

And whether it's dreary, sunny, rainy or snowy... I'm gonna make this a good day.

On PURPOSE.

Yes sir. On purpose.

13 comments:

  1. It was so great seeing you!

    Don't be surprised if I call you one day for the deets on that seafood place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good seeing you too, hon. You should hear my sister... "They are REALLY nice. Very nice people."

      Yes they are. I don't fool with chickenheads. Nerp. LOL

      You haven't been Bankhead seafood? It's close to you. 10-15 minutes at the most? In the hood. Just don't go at the wrong time. They close when they run out of fish. And hopefully the line isn't out the door and wrapped around the building. I happen to get there when only 10 people were in line. That's a GOOD day.

      Delete
  2. Tazzee, WE all MUST go to that seafood place the next time I'm there! I was too through when I saw how good that fish looked! LOL. Thank you (again) soooooooo very much for all of your hospitality Lee! You are beyond a blessing in my life! Love you much friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to be of service, Ma. Still don't understand why you didnt take one of my cars, but I understand this ATL traffic can be a beast. Sigh.

      Glad to see you, and glad you and the babies made it home safe and sound.

      Delete
  3. You just made me want some fish lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You fry yours up outside. But it's raining your way. Get out there and heat up that hot grease. Take an unbrella with you so you won't get wet! lol

      Delete
  4. The Green Eyed Bandit9:19:00 PM

    Where is that place? I wanted to go. Isn't it on the westside? I plan to go after one of our FFF meetings if it is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bandit... you been here all this time and ain't never been there? What's wrong with you. And they are only open 5 hours a day, 4 days a week. And that's if they have fish. Sigh.

      Not open on sundays after the FFF meetings. I wouldn't roll over that way past 2 pm. Shame to drive that far and they have run out of fish.

      Delete
    2. FFF is on Saturdays. Are they closed on Saturdays? We use to have a guy run over there for lunch but I never went there.

      Delete
  5. I have NEVER been there but I've heard so many good things about it. You know I don't frequent the West Side. But I may have to!

    As for the song, you GOTTA listen to the whole album. The Foreign Exchange makes great music. Check it out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... you're the only reason I have checked out their music. You scream like a woman whenever they come to town, lol.

      I'm not surprised you haven't been to the west side for fish with your bougie self. You know you can roll down there and get your fish and speed on back to the east side, right? You don't HAVE to stay out at the place. LOL.

      Delete
  6. That is a whole mess of fish. It made me hungry. I have reduced my fried food intake and my body was screaming for some fish after this post.

    Foreign Exchange is the bomb. SMH. Check out Zo! he is on the same label and has done songs with FE. The song, Flight of the Blackbyrd is excellent

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could go and get that fish right now....without having to drive 4 hours to do so. The next time I'm in Atlanta I'm gonna look them up.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!