Friday, March 22, 2013

Lucy!!!!!!! Uggggh!!!! *faints*


Lucy!!!!

Oh my beloved Lexus Lucy!!!!!!!

*hand to forehead in grief*

I crashed my beloved Lucy the Lexus!!!!



Oh goodness. Ya'll know how much I love Lucy!

Oh Lucy!

It wss written up as being my fault. Myself and the other driver where coming around a sharp up curve on a thin laned street and I was cited for not maintaining my lane.

Mind you, the other driver was driving a HUGE tow truck. Not the one that tows cars, but the one that tows big vehicles. HUGE. So big that when it you see it drive down a street with skinny lanes you wander out loud..."What on earth is he doing on this street?? Let me stay back because that truck is too close to the lane line!"

Anyway, his wheel spurs hit the back rear tire of my car when we were taking that sharp upcurve.

Man... that was the worse sound I've ever heard in my life! There was construction in that area, and the big metal road bandaids were in the road. I thought one of those suckers had come aloose and I had fell through the ground. It even flashed across my mind that I was falling through a sinkhole!!

(funny the stuff that goes through your mind when the unexpected is happening!)

I pulled over and jumped out the car and looked at the damage.

"Lucy!!!!!!!"


*drops to knees*

"Oh my beloved Lucy!!!!!!!!!!!!"


"Lucy, Lucy.... LUCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

*passes out on the hard concrete*

Oh, that hurt so bad to see my car all messed up like that... OHHH it hurt!!

*weeping all over again*

No, I didn't act like that. We called the police, and discussed what happened. I didn't see anything. I was busy trying to fall back a little from the car that was in the lane next to me. You know how it is when you spot a person who has NO idea where he is going... and you know that they might just get the unction to make a left hand turn from a far right lane.
UGH!!

And there were no witnesses.

And the tow truck driver looked like Santa Claus. How do you argue with Santa Claus?

Sigh.

He said I was on the line. And that is all jacked up since his Tow truck hardly fits in one lane. Sigh.

So I got charged with the accident.

The guy was cool, though. He rummaged through my trunk and pulled out my spare and change the tire. He knocked off some of the shrapnel debris. I gave him 10 bucks for doing that. (You know how I make sure I sow some seed. ESPECIALLY in the midst of some craziness. That dude coulda jumped out his truck and shot me.... but he didn't. Thank God for that.)

I didn't even know that I had a full size tire for a spare in the trunk. Imagine that.

But poor Lucy!!!

We had a most delightful conversation while waiting a hour for the police.

I drove Lucy home VERY slowly. It drives fine and straight, but when I went over a bump or through a bad patch of road, there was some scraping of the tire against the wheel base. So I decided that I will just park it until it it time to take it to the body shop next Thursday.

I have the full coverage, and that is good. I told the customer service rep that I want the type of insurance that if an alien fell out the sky and picked my car up and flew away with it... then I could get reimbursed.  LOL

(Couldn't you see me hollering and screaming when an alien snatches up my car.... then calmly calling the insurance company and saying... "Ya'll need to cut me a check. Thank you").

So it will get repaired. I hope they don't total it. The guys at work say that's not gonna happen. I hope not.

I would absolutely faint if they did. Because...

I LOVE LUCY!!!

Yes, I would faint. And tear my clothes and hair out. Then calmly say "Ya'll need to cut me a check. Thank you."

LOL

I went on home, and I said a prayer in the driveway while removing my things from the car. Then I went in and made up a praise song and had me a good ol' fashioned praise service around my kitchen island.

Oscar-Tyrone was staring at me as I sang and moved all about...

"Oh Lord I thank yoooooou... That I can walk, walk, walk, and I can kick, kick, kick, and I can twist, twist, twist... Oh Lord I thank you...."

*clap*clap*church shout*clap*clap*church jog around the kitchen*clap*clap*clap*

I just sang myself happy.

Because you know like I say all the time... People leave for work everyday...

And they don't make it home. Because they die in a car accident.

So even though I am inconveinced, I am alive. I walked into my house without injury. Lucy will be taken care of one way or another. But I walked away without a scratch.  Not one scratch.

"Oscar-Tyrone?" I said.

He meowed.

"I am calling a fast tonight. I am calling a fast of thanksgiving!"

He didn't look too pleased.

He was standing near his empty food bowl.

And he had that look that said "I don't care what fast you do. You just better be fast about popping a top on the cat food can and feeding me!"

"Dude, this fast is for me, not for you," I said as I mixed his special food with water and placed it in his bowl.

I sat his bowl of food on the floor. He was quite pleased.


And I had a very good evening, despite the car wreck. I took special joy in doing my nightly chores and the other things on my to-do list for the evening.

It felt good not to be laying up in a hospital somewhere after a wreck. I was thank for that.

It has been an interesting week. An interesting week indeed.

Hopefully we can get Lucy back right.

And if not... I will call up my sister...

And we'll just go buy another Lucy - Lucy, Jr.

16 comments:

  1. ugh! Not Lucy! I am so glad you are ok though! You are having a wonderful attitude about it all I must say :-). I still say it wasn't your fault though! I know you were grateful but you were way too nice about it! Lol....hope the rest of your weekend goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it was my fault. I told the officer that. I can't see what is going on behind me. I was too busy driving, man. He didn't believe me. Oh well. If dude was lying, that was on HIM. Not on me.

      You have good weekend, Oldgirl!

      Delete
  2. OMG! I was reading this and hearing a little angry old lady voice in my head. I think that was your alter personality crying out. Hehe! I'm sorry you had to go through that and hope that Lucy will be back to you soon. {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! I wasn't angry. I was hurt, hurt, hurt! My lovely Lucy! Ugh.

      But I have grown much. My old self woulda thrown a conniption fit. (Yes, i have talked much trash at an accident scene before). Thank goodness I didn't.

      Delete
  3. I'm just glad that YOU are ok. Lucy will be all shiny and new again soon. Ps. I told the kids and you could tell Dony was on the verge of tears. Needless to say, they are mailing you something special. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honey, Lucy may have a name, but she's a car. Now, going without the Good Doctor is nothing nobody is trying to hear! Nope. Not one syllable of that nonsense. Besides, you have Pam to fall back on.

    Glad to hear you're fine, in one piece, and able to give side-eye for the bogus ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just glad you're alright. Lucy can be fixed and will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAT?!?! I'm glad your okay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *you're.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you are ok oldgirl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are ok. Good thing for insurance!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dorothy3:36:00 PM

    Really glad you're OK. Miss a couple of days on the blog, I miss a lot! :)
    Completely unrelated question: What kind of flooring is that Mr. O-T is eating on? Looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honey, that is kitchen linoleum! I wish it was slate or marble! That would be really nice! LOL

      Delete
  11. If you love Lucy so much then why'd you crash her?!?

    Cats are awesome pets, but their food smells absolutely awful.....I'm not a cat, but I don't see how they eat that shiznit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Reggie...

      OH BE QUIET, REGGIE! *throws cat food at you*

      Oscar has hepatitis and pancreitis issues. So his very bland duck and pea diet is costing me $60-70 a month right now.

      You would think it would smell better when it's so costly... but no. Smells just as nasty.

      Delete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!