Friday, May 20, 2016

Friday Freestyles...The Hot Sauce Edition

It is FRIDAY!

And it is PAY DAY.

And lo and behold, I haven't gotten much done today. This big project I have been working on is pretty much over. I have been doing a load of paperwork for the past month sparsely sprinkled with church jogs back into the lab to redo experiments that didn't come out right. Glad it is all over. I think it's suppose to crank back up again. I will lay quietly in a corner, balled up tightly in a fetal position hoping that no one will assign me to the project.

Enough of that! Today is Friday!

And UberEats has been giving away free hot sauce for our bags all week long.



It was a take-off on a line from Beyonce's "Formation" song.

"I got hot sauce in my bag swag..."

The advertisement gives that away...


The thing is that I didn't pay much attention to this, as hot sauce is one of the cheapest condiments you can buy. BUT today I looked it up and this hot sauce is $8 a bottle.

If I would've known that, I would've ordered it all week long.

"Peri-Peri" is a type of west african seasoning. It's a mix of over 8 seasonings, and I tend to buy the $20-a-pound powdered version at my local natural foods store. I only buy a tablespoons worth,  which comes out to about 40 cents or so.

So you know I had to get up for this free hot sauce!

And it's good stuff too. I tasted a drop of it. Still feeling it an hour later. But  it is a great feeling.

Anyway, this has been a decent week. I attended an off-site instrument seminar yesterday, and they let us go pretty much after half a day. They even provided us a free lunch.

Now I just have to get up the nerve to ask my boss if I have to use my leave hours because we were let out of the seminar early.

Ain't my fault that we were let out early. Humph.

But this has been a great week... Hot sauce and all.

Song of the Week. So I like to listen to music when I'm cleaning up the house. I had my 80s playlist going, and this song came on. "Special Kind of Fool".



Bet you haven't heard that one in a long time.

Oldie but goodie... indeed.

That's it for me!

Have a great weekend... on purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!