Here we go with thoughts on a Thursday!
1. I have a bad habit of leaving my car in drive when I park my car. The only reason I know this is because when I go to crank up the car, nothing happens. Thank goodness for the emergency parking brake is on. Car won't move with that on.
2. This weather is disturbing me deeply. I am a little lost with this hot one week, cold the next week.
3. I need a better AC system for my house. Mine feels like it's about to go out. I am NOT trying to deal with a hot house.
4. I cut grass this weekend. I have a yard full of dandelion weeds.
Here's a picture I stopped to take in the midst of cutting the yard.
How 'bout I cut that on Saturday, and the little flowers are already growing back. SIGH.
5. My boss said use some Week and Feed on the lawn. I am afraid it may be too late for that, as it is getting hot outside and it can burn up the yard.. I will try it out in the backyard, though. Lot's of shade back there.
6. I was feeling so good that I even cut back some tree limbs in the backyard. I don't have a picture of it, but the limbs would have covered the handle of the lawn mower above.
But look how green the grass is, though. Beautiful!!
7. Back to the limbs. Like I said, the limbs were so long that they covered the lawn mower handles in the above picture. I had to duck to to try to cut the grass. And Lord help me if a snake would have fallen on my head.
There were a lot of berries on that tree.
I thought about chewing on one and seeing how it tastes. But I thought better of it all, since those berries might be poisonous like the nightlock berries in The Hunger Games. I don't want any parts of that.
I entertained thoughts of taking one in the house and feeding it to Sister Callie Jo. Those were fleeting thoughts, though.
8. The "bricking up" of the streets continues:
9. I am almost done with all my paperwork. Boy oh boy, it has been such a doozie for the past 3 months. I am pretty much exhausted. Crunching data is NO joke. I have even been crunching data in my dreams. Sigh.
10. When I'm done, I WILL be taking a week off. Maybe two weeks.
Not sure much time I'm taking off, but I told my boss...
"I'ma get ya'll back for this..."
I sure am. I am taking OFF. When I break, I'm BREAK hard.
That's it for my Ten Thursday thoughts!
Coming out on the Other Side - "When you come out on the other side of the trial, it's your obligation to share your experience with someone who is still traveling the journey" -- Michel...
3 days ago