Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Baby Pictures Circa 1970

So my sister and brother were cleaning out our mother's house (she has 40 years worth of stuff... literally), and they said, "Mama got boxes and boxes and pictures. Take them with you. We don't know a lot of these people in the pictures, but you do."

I said yes. And before I could object, my brother had slammed whatever he could into the trunk and backseat of my car.

I was a tad bit annoyed. It is more junk for me to deal with. And I want to clean out my garage. This does not help.

But I must admit, it has been a joy to go back through all of those pictures and relive the memories.

So I think I will be posting up some of those pictures. And I can start right now.

Here I am, a little baby LadyLee, at 2 weeks old!


That is me being held by my father. He looks so young there. Wow.

And here I am again. I think I am less than a year old.


I am being held by my Auntie Joyce. Look how wonderful and perfect her afro is. She always had the best hair.

I am thankful just to look back at these old pictures. God must've known I needed that, especially since my grandmother is gone. I feel like my whole family past of when I was a little girl has disappeared like a puff of smoke. And it has made me sad.

The past is the past. I have my memories. And I will always hold on to them.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:17:00 PM

    So sorry about your grandmother

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!