Thursday, February 07, 2019

Birthday #49

STARDATE
2019.02.07

Happy 49th Birthday to ME!

Year 49 is in the books as completed for your Friendly Neighborhood Oldgirl Ladylee




GLORY

My goodness.

***49***

I have never thought much about my life at this age. I am not one to have a 10, 5, 3 or even a 1 year plan. And I must admit that I didn't think I would be where I am now. Who does? Not me.

So does this mean that I am officially middle aged? I think it does. I feel older, as these bones of mine are a bit older than in my 20s. But I up and moving.

It has been a strange year. Lots going on. Some good, some bad. Hence, all of it equals the joy of life.

I will do what I've been doing every birthday: me and LadyTee will get together and do our Thelma and Louise thing. I swear that girl been calling me, for the past week, asking what I want to do. Haven't thought much about it, but alas, she got some plans out of me.

I have been reflecting on what has been different this past year, that is, how I have changed. I think I
am much more to myself. I am more interested in being my authentic self. I am easily bored by the same oh, same oh. It takes me a lot just to be interested in people. And that is okay, because I measure my life in the things that are meaningful to me. I like my associations to be meaningful. I like my conversations to be meaningful. I want whatever I do to be meaningful. I do not know if that makes sense, but it is the best way for me to explain it. Maybe I will go into detail. (I probably won't).

But I am happy for a new year. And a day off. I think I would be looked at side-eye for taking a day off, as I am trying to finish up a project, but whatever.

I do not work on my birthday. It is a personal national holiday. For me, at least.

And that is the way it will stay.

4 comments:

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!