Monday, February 25, 2019

Oscar Winners 2019


Yaaaay Regina King!!


Yaaaay Mahershala Ali!!



Yaaaay Green Book!!






Ha! I am only really saying that because I love Mahershala Ali. And Octavia Spencer was an executive producer on the project, so her production company can get some credit for that. I supported them.

I would have been happy if Bohemian Rhapsody, The Favourite, Black Panther or The BlackKklansman would have won. Those were better pictures than Green Book. I enjoyed them all.

Green Book
was a decent movie. It was a good feel good White washed version of what it could be. Ya'll know good and well that that is what we've been looking at all of your lives.

And ya'll know good and well Black Panther wasn't going to win the Oscar. Nope. Come on.

Like I said, whatever Mahersherla Ali is in, I am DOWN. He is awesome. That is all. And good for him. He picks good roles for himself, and he was AMAZING in Green Book. He really had to STRETCH to play that character!

But I did mental cartwheels when Regina King won. I remember when she was Brenda on 227. She was great in If Beale Street Could Talk.

A decent enough Oscar year, it was.

But I do not think people will be satisfied until black folk win EVERTHING...

and you know that is not going to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!