Thursday, August 22, 2019

A Scoot Booty Birthday #2


So, for the past few months, there has been much talk about getting a electric car for my nephew Justin.

Now I purchased a rechargeable toy car from a coworker. I bought it for $60 bucks. I looked it up and it retails for $250. What a steal!!

It took a couple of months to get it to my house. It wouldn't fit in my car, so I had to borrow my mother's jeep and throw it in the back.


It JUST did fit in the back of the jeep. I would've had to rent a truck. Sigh.

Anyway, I stored it in my garage until his birthday this past weekend.

"I'm just gonna just put it in the front yard. We ain't gonna say anything, just like him walk up on it," I told my sister.

And that's what I did.



They drove up and parked on the street. The only problem was that he was asleep in the car. So it took him a minute to figure it out.

But to see him walk up on it was hilarious.


He didn't know what to think. He just stared at it. And I could tell he was still sleepy.


"It's hot as hell out here!," I hollered as I wiped sweat from my forehead. I placed one of my tank tops on the seat because the vinyl was too hot for him to sit on. He got in the car, and got out.

"Okay," I said, a bit dejected. "It's hot out here, and I ain't fooling with you. Kentucky, help me get this car up on the porch."

We took it up on the porch. It was at this time that Justin showed heightened interest.








"Come on, bruh," I said. "Let's go in the house."

He reluctantly got out of the car and walked in the house. Time we closed the door, he dropped to his knees and started crying.

"Lawd!" I hollered.

"Kentucky, help me move this coffee table. We're bringing this car in the house. I'm not trying to be hot while he sit in that car."

You have to realize... it was 97 degrees in the ATL. I was not down for the tropical heat. NO WAY.

With a little struggle, we brought the car in the house. (Man it was heavy!)

And Justin's interest was multiplied.


His feet don't reach the pedals, so he can't make it go. All he could do was sit in it.

We took time to have some Chantilly birthday cake, though!


We had cake, pizza, chicken wings, and soda. Just a junk food kind of birthday.


After that, the shenanigans began.


For 3 HOURS straight, this boy jumped in the car, jumped out of the car, walked around the car, and did it all over again. 3 HOURS!





That's all he did. I was laying on the sofa thinking this boy keep slamming these car doors. I can't even take a nap on this sofa.

And I was also thinking Lawd have mercy, I hope those doors don't fall off.

He gave it a serious workout. Then he went and got his toy trucks and parked them under the car.

I'm not sure what that was about.

My sister said that he even pushed the car. I think all that walking around the car was him trying to figure out how to make it move.

But he had a good time!

And yes, he slept good that night. My sister said he slept some twelve hours. All of that jumping in and out of the car wore him completely out.

So that was Justin's birthday. Actually, it was my sister's birthday. His birthday was on Monday, and his grandparents were having a little party for him.

But I bet Scoot Booty will always remember his mini- party at Auntie LadyLee's house, won't he?

LOL!!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:19:00 PM

    I have the biggest smile on my face! He was looking at that car like "could this be for me" LOL Perfect

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!