Thursday, August 29, 2019

Food for Thought: Peace and Fire

So I was at my best friend's LadyTee's house, which sits on a few acres of land. And I was admiring the beautiful tree in the front yard.

Look how beautiful that is. Look how green the grass is. It looks like something out of a movie. I know she doesn't get out there and cut all that grass. I mean, every blade looks to be the exact same length.

So when I got of the car and looked near the back of the house, I see this:


Big C was out near the driveway, tending a pile of burning trash.

I was irate.

"Ya'll out here burning trash! Ya'll polluting the air! I'ma call PETA on ya'll!"

"PETA?" Big C shook his head.

"Yeah, PETA!!!"

"Fool, that's the animal rights people!"

"Oh," I said, still irate, but hesitant. "Well, I'ma call the fire people on ya'll!"

He laughed.

"And make sure that fire don't spread to my car!"

He laughed harder.

They live waay out in the country (a half hour from the city, which is "the country" in Atlanta terms). They have been in that house for close to 40 years. And over the years, I have seen flumes of black smoke in the distance, swirling up into the air. People around those parts burn their excess trash.

So I couldn't call anyone. The fire department would've hung up on me.

So I chose to focus on the peaceful serene scene of the tree and green grass...


...instead of the fire.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!