Friday, August 16, 2019

Scoot Booty Stories


So, SOMEONE is turning 2 next week.

Scoot Booty!

My nephew Justin!




(Sister Callie Jo doesn't know how to feel about all this. She wants to play with him, but DARNIT, he's a bit too rough with her. Mitch just disappears. Sigh).

Anyway, I kept him for a few hours on Saturday. I did a few chores, as per my usual routine on Saturdays mornings. I also lit a few fragrance candles. I had to remind myself to blow them out before he came over. Didn't want him to be playing and knock them over.

Of course I forgot to blow them out. He was sitting on the floor playing with his toys, and I was sitting on the couch. That's when I thought Oh I forgot to blow out the candles.

I blew them out. And he saw me. He jumped up from the couch and stood next to me, blowing hard on the candles, blowing smoke.


Hence the hilarity of this picture. (And he was driving me crazy with the pants sagging off his booty).

  If you peer over his right shoulder, you will see the candles.

I said, "Um, the candles are out, bruh!"

He continued blowing the candles, well the smoke around, and then he yelled "Happy Birthday!!"

And he kept yelling it!

I was bewildered.

**crickets**

O_o

"You can talk?" I hollered.

"Happy Birthday!!!! Happy Birthday!!"

This went on for another 5 minutes, as he took time to blow on the candles again.

I'm just shocked to pieces that he can talk!

Then he was standing around cheesing hard, like he's waiting on some cake or something.


"I have no cake, man. I have apple slices."

My sister said when she took my mother to lunch for her birthday back in April, the waitresses and workers came to the table singing Happy Birthday. So she guesses he remembered it, because he went crazy during the singing and presenting of the candle lit slice of cake. LOL

Well I didn't have cake. And I think he'd had enough of the apple slices. Earlier he'd been eating oatmeal and sliced apples.


That's the reason why his shirt was off. When he eats, he dirties up a shirt something awful! That's the price you pay when you're trying to learn to feed yourself.

(And by the way, someone said I could put a candle in a slice of white bread, and that would have been good enough for him).

But that's okay. I'm just SHOCKED that Scoot Booty can TALK.

He can count to 20. He knows his ABCs and his sounds. And he can recognize numbers and letters. I had some 10 pound dumbbells on the stairs, and he pointed to the numbers on the sides and hollered "10!"

Yes, the Scoot Booty is coming along!
I still have to cover up my furniture when he comes over. Because the drooling... LAWD!!

I just can't wait to be able to have a full blown conversation with him.

That's when the real Scoot Booty Stories will really begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!