Tuesday, September 03, 2019

Ten Tuesday Thoughts (Plus One)

1. Happy BELATED Labor Day to YOU.  That sounds funny, since the holiday is over.

2. A three day holiday is never long enough. I should've taken today off, but I didn't. Sigh.

3. My sister Kentucky and I went down to "the country" to the Cowgirl Cre's friends and family reunion. I didn't think to take pictures but click on the link and you'll see an old post. Here's an old pic to let you know how it goes down.


4. I haven't gone down there in awhile because if wrecks my nerves to drive 75 miles down the freeway, THEN gotta go another 25 miles down some backwoods roads to get to the destination. Of course, cell service drops way back in the woods, so uh... you gotta feel your way through. LAWD.

5. Fortunately, I'd taken a snapshot of the directions, and Cre gave me some printed directions, so we arrived without much bewilderment.

6. Most interesting aspect of our trip: traveling with toddler Justin. Oh my.

7. Not a straight trip, as you can imagine. We stopped a couple of times. That little dude threw up one time (after eating sliced apples), and he worked the heck out of some chicken nuggets, so much so that the remnants were all over him.

8. Next time, Kentucky must sit in the back seat with him. Yes indeed.

9. We stayed for only a few hours (5 hours total, I believe). We had to get out of there before dark. There is NOTHING worse than traveling down backroads in the dark.

10. Why do I say that? Because I hit a bobcat once. I thought it was a leopard, because it was so big. I was driving my '73 white Nova, barreling down a poorly lighted road at 70 mph.

I told my boyfriend at the time, "We must stop and help the animal."

Boyfriend said "Girl, you better keep driving this car!"

And that's what I did.  Let's just say I don't want to go through THAT again!

11. With that said, I must say I thoroughly enjoyed myself down in the country this weekend. I know I have the courage now to travel down the backroads again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!