Friday, September 06, 2019

Freestyle Fridays

It's the weekend! AND it's payday!

A good time for some freestyles... on a Friday, no less!

Quote of the Week. I tend to watch TD Jakes when I'm getting dressed for work in the mornings. This quote caught about destiny caught my attention.

"Finding and following YOUR destiny will always disappoint people who have appointed you to theirs."

Really, though. No further discussion needed.

Meal of the Week. I went to the dentist last week to have my grill cleaned and IMMEDIATELY left there to find some food to muck up the great cleaning my teeth had just had. LOL.
So I got on yelp and found a spot about a stone's throw from the dentist office. I was out in Fairburn, and if you don't know anything about Atlanta, that's a quiet suburb on the Southside of metro Atlanta.  I had a taste for some mexican food. So I found a spot less than a block away from my dentist office: La Costa Tacos y Mariscos.

I bought 2 taco asadas. They were $1.99 each, which is a little pricey for mini tacos. (My regular bootleg spot out in Cobb county are $1.29 for mini tacos). But whatever. I was hungry.

I got in the car and opened the container. They looked tasty enough.


Here's a close up.


Man, when I tell you these tacos were GOOD? They were GOOD-TY! So good that I finished them off while driving. (Why not since I was rolling 25 miles to the house. If you know how short my commutes are, this is a long country drive.) The corn shells were soft and warm, but with just a hint of a crunch. The meat tasted like it came off a grill. The sauce was good and spicy. And it had just the right amount of cilantro and onions. Definitely one of the best authentic tacos I've ever had.

I had to call my best friend LadyTee and tell her about it.

"Yo, new spot!" I hollered when she picked up the phone.
"Where at, girl?" she asked.
"Over by the dentist office. Behind the gas station on the corner. Off in the cut. You would never know it was there. The tacos are FIRE!"
"I'ma check it out, girl!" she hollered.

We are always looking for "new spots". And she lives in that area, so I know she'll check it out. And this one was a good find. I will be grabbing more tacos when I go back to the dentist to get my grill cleaned!

Song of the Week. This song always has me feeling some type of way when I hear it. It just makes me happy, doggonit.

"Come into my life" by Joyce Sims



(Video may not play for some reason. But you don't even have to hear the song, because you are singing it in your head, and will be singing it the rest of the day. LOL)

How awesome is that song? And how bootleg is that video?

I am looking forward to the weekend. I know I have to get up early in the morning and get my hair cut. But I have to make cookies for my barber.  He loves oatmeal chocolate chip pecan! (And I do to. That is why I don't mind making them once a month).

Lots of other errands and chores to do, but I plan to relax A LOT.

Yes indeed!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!