Thursday, September 05, 2019

Next Level Oils at the Black People's Wal-mart


So I was walking around the Wal-mart...

Let me be more specific: I was walking around the BLACK people's Wal-mart, and I saw some interesting things.

Things I thought I would see more at the White People's Wal-mart. This makes me think that gentrification is creeping up on this particular eastside black area.

I was in an area near the gentrified east-side, but just outside of it, in East Decatur. But I think it is the Wal-mart that the toney folk in the gentrified east side head to. It's the nearest one to those overpriced neighborhoods.

I was looking to buy some vegetable or corn oil. I occasionally fry food. Heavens no it's not a daily thing I do (I would pass out from all the grease).  So I may need some vegetable oil every couple of months or so. So purchasing vegetable or corn oil is a simple enough task.

But I saw some products that made me go... hmmmm.

Duck fat!!!


Um... what's this for? Do you fry with it? What do you do with duck fat?

And why is it so expensive?

I'm not even looking it up. Nope. Not buying it either.

And look at this:  avocado and coconut oil.


This actually looks like it can be useful. I may look it up. I don't remember the price, but it was expensive.


Pure tallow!

Isn't that beef fat? Nope. Won't be using that. Bet it is GREAT for frying. But the cholesterol. LAWD!

(There is some Ghee lurking in these pictures. I LOVE ghee. I think it is clarified butter. Whatever it is... loved-ed it!)

Next up: Thrive.


Now I had to look at this a little closer. The can is pretty enough. A closer look at the container revealed that it was "culinary algae oil".

**crickets**

What the world?

I had to look at it twice.

I am sure it is good for you... I hope it is. But let's just say that I won't chance it. One of ya'll try it and let me know how it is.

Plus it's too expensive. It better be good. That is all.

Last but not least: flax, hemp and pumpkin seed oil.

Now, these may not be too bad. I am sure they may be good sprinkled on salad. Not sure what other use for them would be good. I am sure there are many.

But alas, it's too expensive. I will have to let that go.

I think I ended up getting the generic vegetable oil. It was $2 and some change.

And that's what I will stick with.

I was just shocked to see these items in the black people's Wal-Mart.

Maybe these things are just a sign that the Wal-mart, and the area, may be changing.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:07:00 PM

    Gurl it's the Keto diet craze that is attracting those oils. Its all about getting fat adapted to lose weight. I've lost 10 lbs
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!