Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Happy Autumn to YOU!

So Fall has arrived.


Doesn't quite feel like it, though. We had some mild temperatures last week in the ATL, but now it's back up in the mid- to high 90s. My poor air conditioner is screaming LAWD-T!!!

Alas, very soon we will be hollering Merry Christmas!

I had a good weekend. A quiet one. My nephew Justin spent the night. He is talking more now, moreso singing songs like Old McDonald and his ABCs. That gets a bit old after the 10th go-around. But I just grin and bear it.

My favorite picture from the weekend is this one.


I'd been throwing the plastic balls (100 of them) all over the living room and getting him to pick them up and place them in a bag. I was trying to get him to separate them into colors, but looks like it will be awhile before he figures that out. Anyway he got tired of picking up the balls and he laid down and went to sleep.

My most interesting picture was the one below. I saw some black smoke spewing from what looked like the westside of Atlanta. I took a picture and kept driving to work.


Turns out a junkyard was on fire. Ugh! I know that had to be hell putting that out!

But they must have taken care of it, because the skies were sunny and blue when I drove home from work.

... And it was still hot. Hopefully the mild temperatures of fall will soon be among us.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Autumn Baby Girl! I miss being over in this space! It is hot as heck in NOLA as well. I'm so ready for some cooler temps...right now 85 degrees would feel cool to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:48:00 PM

    I just moved from Oregon the temp was high 50s and get to Tx and it was in the 90s! That is the only thing I will miss about Oregon is the weather.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!