Monday, October 23, 2006

A LadyLee Weeekend...

My weekends are a bit, I don't know... Let's just say, they are not all that exciting... No fighting, shooting, or shanking... no drama. I guess I am just usually glad to get a few things done.

One thing I had to do is go grocery shopping... and not your ordinary grocery shopping. It was the type where I had to replace everything in the doggone refrigerator. Last Saturday, my fridge started heating up. It heated up to damn near 80 degrees. I had to call Se.ars to come fix it. First of all, I had to needle those jokers down to a time slot because I am NOT down with the "Oh, they will be out sometime between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m." craziness. No, my sister, back it up. I won't be handcuffed to the house like that. So they came out last Tuesday morning. The dude figured out that the fan had gone out, and he had to order a part. He said that he had a busy schedule that day, and I would have to make another appointment to get it fixed. So he left, and I left. Dude came back later in the day, not understanding why I wasn't at home. *Ladylee gets thoroughly pissed at him*. So, I had to take a few hours off on Thursday to have it fixed.

No, this ain't all that serious. Not at all. I just have an issha with having to take time off from work for stuff like this. Plus, this is a sleek black digital super huge fridge with the french doors and the freezer at the bottom. I bought it brand new a year ago... How does a fan go out that fast?????

Dang... I need to call my Grandmama up and trade her 30 year old OLD fridge for my new sleek French door fridge...

Anyway, the fridge is all stocked up now.




I gotta call grandma... They don't make refrigerators like they use to...

Anyway, on a good note, I had a book club meeting on Saturday... I wasn't going to to go, because I'd been running around all morning, and was a bit tired, but I went. It is breast cancer awareness month, and we had some phenomenal speeches by survivors. That was good. I learned a lot. Plus I doodled out an introduction to my chapter 38 while sitting there listening to the discussion (and not participating, LOL), so I was happy about that.

Now, on Sunday around noon, I was outside, and up drives a random negro in an SUV.



"Hey Ms. Lady!" he screamed.

I'd attended church that morning, so I was calm, and not i the mood to verbally shank a fool.

Turned out it wasn't a random negro... It was Snake, the cleanest crackhead on the block and the mayor of my hood.



He was in a nice black SUV, smoking on a cigarette, cruising the hood.

"Oooooh weee Snake," I yelled. "You done went and stole somebody's truck."

I got the usual chastisement. He didn't like the fact that I was insulting his character and integrity. He explained that his brother had gone to the Falcon's football game, and he'd "borrowed" the truck...

"Borrowed". Boy, I tell ya, sometimes family can do ya worse than your enemies do ya! I took pictures just in case I have to blackmail him later on.

The Highlight of the LadyLee Weekend...

I got a chance to hang out with My Auntie Joyce and do a little painting... I was out in her front yard and she drove up in her souped up Camaro. That damn car is just about as loud as Tiny's... I gots to hook them up so they can have a mini- car show... LOL!! She even posed for a picture...



Anyway, we did a little painting, while watching an insanely long marathon of the show Miami Ink on the TLC channel (Auntie is completely fascinated by that show... I dreamt about tattoos all night long after watching it all day). I painted a magnolia flower on a 5x7 canvas...



I'd done most of the prep work (priming my canvas and drawing) on my own during the week. It should look familiar to a certain chick. I will take it down soon before she gets a notion to sue an Oldgirl, LOL!

I still have much work to do on it... Gotta get rid of my pencil lines, etc. I have another appointment with Auntie in 2 weeks so I better get on it doggonit!!

Auntie painted the same picture, but with a red and orange background. It looked a bit scary, like a magnolia surrounded by fire. (I think she's been watching too much Miami Ink). So she changed it to a black background... (Sorry, didn't get a pic!)

Auntie's cats were not at all interested in what we were doing. They all slept most of the day. Nia and Lacey and peered at me curiously when I took pictures.



Now I'm scared of that big boy Tracy a.k.a. "Moose". That cat likes to scratch an Oldgirl...




But I did manage to get a close up and not get swiped, LOL!



But that was the gist of my weekend...

Hooray for a new work week!!! (Yeah, right.)

Next weekend, I think I will just... sleep in or something:)

2 comments:

  1. Yesssir, a good weekend indeed. And pics too. I likes that. I need a weekend like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:28:00 AM

    What is your aunt feeding that cat? I don't think I could sleep with it in my house! Sounds like a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!