Monday, August 13, 2007

That Original Oldgirl LadyLee's 2nd Bloggaversary

One word describes how I feel right now...

***#!!!GIDDY!!!#***


*GIDDY*GIDDY*GIDDY*GIDDY*GIDDY*GIDDY*
GIDDY*GIDDY*GIDDY*GIDDY*GIDDY*GIDDY*
GIDDY*GIDDY*GIDDY* GIDDY*GIDDY*


Yeah... I know I've just irritated you with all my giddiness!

I started this blog TWO year ago... Now it's a year later, 272 posts later, and um...

An Oldgirl is just a bit GIDDY, ya know???

I feel like rounding up some of my coworkers, getting down on my knees and playing a phat game of JACKS!!


I really don't have that much to say...
But I would like to just shout out my blogroll... for making an Oldgirl be all she can be..

Racer X, a.k.a. Miss Celie a.k.a., "Oh Great Queen", a.k.a. Tayari Jones... Yeah girl, hold up that glass of champagne for the Oldgirl, why don't cha?? Or is that one of your beloved tequila gimlets??

As ya'll know, I run around worshipping Ms. Jones like she black Jesus. I'm always laying prostrate upon the ground whenever she walketh by... The highlight of my year has been hanging out with her over lunch. Goodness. The chick drops so much knowledge... I almost look for an offering plate to pass my way, LOL! Thanks for answering my asinine and silly questions. You always give me good info, and I juice it for all it's worth!
If you don't know nothing... KNOW THIS:

YOU INSPIRE ME TO WRITE, WRITE, WRITE.

And when I don't feel like doing no damn writing? I think about you, and I sit my butt down and WRITE some more!!

You are the man!! I falleth at your feet! Thanks for being so kind. I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!!! You even hooked me up with the Good Nurse!! Oh my!!

Tayari's had to deal with my strange idol worship, and she does it with grace...

One day, she's gonna be like "Kid, I need you to chill out before I call the cops."

You know, I can't forget to mention the Origianl Oldgirls and Oldboys..

Sharon (who's not retired)- The Microphone Queen... No one is more longwinded than you! And no one can pick up the microphone, speak the truth, then slam the mike on the ground! It was GREAT talking to you last night! Keep on writing, "Ms. Just Write Now"!

Chele- Chele is one of my FAVORITE authors... Raymond's Daughters sits on my end table in the living room as we speak. Confessions of a Beautiful Woman made me cry. I want to meet her, but I would probably pass out at her feet... and that wouldn't be cool. She's a classy Original Oldgirl... REALLY THOUGH!!

Hassan - Dude, the degree of self assessment that you go to... I'm trying to get there. Glad you are a platinum card carrying Original Oldboy! And thanks for your support from the start!!

And then... there's my BLOG SISTAS... who seem to know ALL my bizness, who've had to build me up, listen to me cry, DISS ME, cuss me, Pimp slap me (is that a good or bad thing... hmm)!

Serenity 23- You Super Shoe Queen Blogger you!! You party girl you! I feel, I don't know... ODD and EMPTY (yeah... that's the word), if we're not communicating in some fashion many times a day... Thank's for being such an awesome blog sista... an Oldgirl NEEDS that!!

The LadyBug Mocha- I need for you to bring your behind out of retirement. One thing that you have taught me is humor... and you have taught me well. Thanks for teaching me some blog skills, i.e., for teaching me the art and proper placement of **crickets** and **LadyLee kicking rocks and shanking folks**. And girl, thank goodness for these good cell phone plans, because you and I would be in some SERIOUS debt right about now. You the man, LadyBug!!

Oracle a.k.a bossydiva, a.k.a. The DJ DIVA - Gal... I'm still tripping that you rolled up in MY house and sat down on MY sofa... I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!! I could go on and on and ON about you (as you saw in the last post, the "DJ DIVA shine post". And I've somehow picked up your "..." habit. (But you will always be the Queen of the Ellipses, LOL). And now, you are a resident of MY city? WOW!!

Frank... a.k.a. Luke Cage...The thang about Luke Cage... The brother always put on some nice quiet storm music, slips into his silk robe, pours a little cognac, lays back on the silk sheets... THEN leaves a comment. THAT'S the way to do it, man! Dude, I love your blog... You been hanging hard with the Oldboy Hassan, i.e., you put your emotions out there... goodness... what more can I say! You're my favorite real life action figure...

Chosen... my online pastor. Goodness... Always down for giving the spiritual vitamins... you know I need them!!
So many others... The BballMama, Kayla, Chubby Choc, Atlien Nikki, That Southern gal, Rose, Rosemarie, Sista Toldja... the list goes on and on...

So what's coming up?

Story week is next week... The next one coming up contains four character sketches, from which I will form a story. I've basically picked up a weird habit of looking at what a character is thinking at this very moment. Not sure what's up with that, but I am sure there is some method to my madness. And be forewarned... this one will leave you a bit disturbed, and uh... let's just say, have you looking at peeps who you THINK got it together just a bit differently.

I plan on having more story weeks! I like those a lot:)

A few peeps have managed to earn their *Original Oldboy and Oldgirls* platinum plus cards. Definitely look out for that.

I am WAAAY behind on my book reviews. I've got some good ones, including a Martha Southgate week coming up... watch out for that one. Now THAT'S gonna be REAL good!

Now I've been using my blog as a writing tool... something to keep me a bit active on the writing tip... What you don't know is that I go back and look at a few posts, and pick them apart, edit them, etc., on my own time... Yeah, I know I'm not suppose to do that, but whatever. Just trying to learn, babes!

So watch out for me turning the juice up on the visualization and description aspects... I want to be a good storyteller. I want to draw you in, and make you feel like you're right there in the midst of it all with me and my blog characters...

I think I'm improving...

Hopefully, I will get better!

And hopefully, I will make it to my 3rd Bloggaversary...

With ALL of you in my corner :)

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 2nd "bloggaversary". I will continue to look forward to your posts. You keep me entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you turn up the volume on the imagery OG not only will it feel like being there, we will probably get arrested right along with the Mayor next time! Nobody but nobody "takes us there" like you do. But go on and do the damn thang and I know for sure that I will enjoy the ride. But I don't care what happens, I ain't washing no damned cars!

    Congrats on year 2, and let's just plan on being around here for a long, long, long, long time to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:01:00 AM

    HAPPY BLOGGAVERSARY!!! Looking forward to your stories and book reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAAAAAAPPPY 2nd Bloggaversary luv! And it's been a great pleasure. I'm glad to be part of such an interesting and eclectic group. Okay, lets get cracking to the next year starting RIGHT NOW! Luv ya LL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! And thanks for the shout out if that was me you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BLOGGAVERSARY! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!