Thursday, August 30, 2007

Stay Fly!!

I've been missing in action allllll week. And I had about 4 posts for the week, but they will have to be slid up to next week sometime... Some of ya'll know the type of work of do, i.e., I am SUPER DUPER busy!

But I had to holla at ya for the holiday... And I'd like to dedicate this post to THE GOOD NURSE... Thanks for your help the other day with the med questions:) And as always, thanks for your support!


So...

I travel up and down ATL's famed Moreland Avenue quite often, to go to the White people's Kroger, my writing class, the health food store, and a few other places...

Down near the hood rich part of Moreland, near I-20, I pass this particular establishment:



And I laugh every time.

The ish is quite funny.

But maybe it's just me. So you mean to tell me I can get a nice outfit (like one of the ones hanging on the burglar bars outside the store) AND get a fly set of rims for my car at the same time?

ROTFLMAO!

The DJ Diva and I were riding past this spot, and I pointed it out to her.

"Yo DJ... look to the right, right over there."

She read the sign and bust out laughing.

I wondered aloud "What's the difference between clothing and apparel?"

Her hubby Scribe yelled from the back seat, "That means you gonna pay an extra 30 dollars for that shirt!"

LOL!!!!!

(But for real... What IS the difference between clothing and apparel??)

Now what was REALLY funny was that I pulled up into the parking lot to take that picture on the sly. Some dude came out of the store trying to mean mug me. There was a 5 second stare down.

I think he thought I was trying to case the place.

I can understand the concern. I have a missing hubcap on the front of my car...

I think they thought the Oldgirl was trying to jack some rims.

The guy walked along the sidewalk, arms folded..."Excuse me, you need some help?"

"No man, just using my phone." **LadyLee flips open phone and puts it to her ear**

When he went back inside, I snapped the picture and quickly left!!!

LOL!! A quick getaway!!

I hope that brightened up your day...

Nothing like good creative entrepreneurship!

Really though.

And remember...

Don't just BE Fly...

STAY FLY!!!


Have a good weekend! See you next week:)

5 comments:

  1. Got's to Stay Fly! Always!
    Thanks for the shout out, LL. You know I got your back...
    TGN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:29:00 AM

    i gotta stay fly ah ah ah ah ah ah

    Man listen...that was so funny!!!!!!!!

    I didn't know folks was so particular in the ATL about they rims...yeesh...you could even rent some????????!!!!!!

    buying apparel in the hood
    *dead*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:31:00 PM

    my people ... my people

    ReplyDelete
  4. "White people's Kroger"

    That would be Fry's here. *smile*

    My husband hates rims because the manufacturer does not make them. Therefore, any customization to a car can cancel the original warranty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What will your people think of next???!!!

    That was hilarious! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!