Friday, November 08, 2013

Friday Freestyles... The Guilty Pleasures Edition (Glory!)

Oh my...

A whole week has gone by and I have only put up one post. What is that about?

I have just been busy. I had to finish up this crochet project pretty quickly, and now it is done. My posts take awhile to do. I wish I knew how to do some 10 minute posts instead of them taking a hour or more.

And this is one of those short posts. It is a 10 minute posts.

I've been eating 2 huge salads a day. HUGE. This has been mostly a raw food week for me. Not sure why, but you know how my salads are. Good, good, good...

However, I was looking through my pictures on my phone and I saw some of the interesting really good food I had last week...

I pass a restaurant all the time that has the most amazing crawfish pasta. It is $20 a plate, and I just don't want to pay that much for that. And I haven't had it since 2007, so I know it cost more than that.

So I made my own...

Whoo-wee, that was GOOD. I don't need to let 6 years go by before I have that again. Glory!!

Kentucky is doing a juice fast right now. So she decided to bring over something left over from her last good meal: a slice of carrot cake.
I was looking at her sideways for this. Yeah, I'll take it. No need to throw it out. It costs $8 a slice. She could have frozen it, but I think she wanted it out of her house. I reluctantly took it.

I'm not sure what is up with all those chocolate chips, but it was good! Glory!

And Play Mama A sent me a picture of herself in LA at Roscoe's chicken and waffles. It made me want some waffles. I woke up one morning and rummaged around in one of my kitchen cabinets and found my old waffle iron. And I made a waffle!


Whooo-wee. That was sho nuff a good waffle! Glory!

Speaking of Play Mama A... Happy Birthday! She just had a birthday this past week. She celebrated with a trip to Los Angeles with her hubby.  They flew out of Atlanta and I took them to the airport. Here's a pic of them at my house.


Uncle Tony had on that BRIGHT neon yellow shirt. I can spot him from outer space in that shirt. I told him that he don't need to rob anyone, because he will get caught.

They left their SUV in my garage.


That thing is huge. I was surprised it would fit.

She just wanted to park it in the driveway. Uh, no. I live in the HOOD. Her truck would be gone. They'd take that quick!

It was odd leaving for work and running into that truck everyday. There was always that moment of "Where is my car? Where is Lucy Junior?"

I was glad to see her. And she had a cold. Nothing worse than vacationing while sick. She was coughing even when I picked them up from the airport Tuesday morning. I kept throwing individually packaged little antibacterial wipes at her.

And I was hollering "Girl, hold your head out the window when you cough!"

Poor thing. I hope she get well soon. Good to see her anyway. And to hear how nice Los Angeles is. I might have to trek on out there! (Click here to see her post about it. She took a TON of pictures. And came back with a lot of fabric!)

That's all for today.

I have a three day weekend coming up.

And today is PAYDAY!

*tosses dollar bills high in the sky*

GLORY!!!

This means I'm gonna have a good weekend! On purpose!

(As soon as I finish paying my bills).

You have a good weekend too... on purpose!

2 comments:

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!