Monday, November 18, 2013

Good Monday Morning... The Peach Brandy Edition

Good Monday Morning!

It's really good here this morning in the ATL, especially since the sun is shining. It was cold, rainy and drizzly all weekend. It was enough to make me want to just pull the covers over my head this weekend and not get out of bed.

But alas, that wasn't the case. I worked on Saturday. ALL day.

This is a rarity. I like my weekends of leisure. But I have so much to do. Interestingly, we have 2 people out, and of course, this being the government and all, the workload ratcheted up. So there's just not enough time to get all that I need to get done during the week.. So that meant working 8.5 hours this weekend. I worked from 7:30 am-4:30 pm.

At least I got there at 7:30. A couple of other people got there at 5 in the morning.

O_O.

"But it's still nighttime at 5 a.m.," I told them. "It's still nighttime around that time!"

But they were there. Bright eyed and already working. I told the youngster of the group, Supersonic Sushi, "You must've come STRAIGHT from the club!"  LOL

That was a long long day. I'm not sure what I even did when I finally went home. I just don't remember. I was exhausted.

My sister Kentucky came over on Sunday morning. She was on her way to the Farmer's market. I thought about going with her, but since I'd worked all day Saturday, I had NO unction to go anywhere that early in the morning. Church was already on, the choir was singing hard and I was "there" via the internet. She left and returned a little later. We had a good discussion about hydroponic lettuce. (I happen to have some in the fridge, even though I don't normally buy it).

I am very proud of her. She has been doing her juicing and healthy eating. She feels much better. I think cutting out daily intake of sodas and fast food would make anyone feel better. So I am happy that she is able to do that, and I can help with some of her questions.  I am such a good big sister!

So...

On to the Picture of the Week.

We keep most of our snacks and whatnot up in my cubicle mate Cowgirl Cre's cabinet over her desk. I opened the cabinet the other day, and I saw this...



Peach Fruit spread... That's innocent enough.

But I didn't read it as Peach fruit spread...

"Oh Lawd... Cre got a fifth of Peach liquor up in the cabinet!"

She happened to be sitting there, working on her computer.

So much went through my mind in those few seconds. I had visions of a stressed out Cowgirl Cre opening the bottle and taking a few sips from time to time.

But I looked closer. And saw that it was fruit spread.

"Gal," I said. "I thought that was brandy!"

"No," she said.

We got a good laugh out of that... as my heart beat returned to normal.

LOL

It made me think of the Song of the week... "Ghetto Heaven" by The Family Stand



I like this video. It was made back in the days when videos weren't all glitz and glam.

They look like they just got off the bus... in some ghetto for real.

And I thought of this song because of the following verses...

'Nana likes brandy
Especially Peach
She keeps it by the radio
And listens to the Reverend preach
It's 10:07
Time to get some ghetto heaven.


Yes... time for 'Nana to sip some ghetto heaven.  'Nana has a drank while listening to the reverend. I don't do that. I clean up or crochet while listening to pastor!

Thank goodness The Cowgirl Cre ain't sipping ghetto heaven at work!

(I may have had to drank a little on Saturday when I was working hard. Humph).

I think that fruit spread is for her occasional morning bagel.

And that's a good thing. I don't know what I'd do if I had to share a cubicle with a lush.

Oh my!

With that said, I am out. I hope to get a few posts in this week.

Have a good week! On purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!