Friday, September 11, 2015

Friday Freestyles... The 911 Memorial Edition

It is Friday... but just not any ol' Friday. It happens to be the 14th anniversary of the 911 tragedy.

So this has been a day of remembrance.



This morning I watched the news while I was getting dressed and ready for work. This is my normal in the morning, and the news is just background noise. But this morning was different because they played the news reports from that awful day in 2001 in real time. That was rough to watch.

I didn't see it all in real time when it happened in 2001. I'd only been at my current employer for 3 weeks, and I was away in Denver in training. The class started at 9:00 am, and I remember the instructor saying something about the twin towers, but I thought the hurricane out in the gulf had hit New York or something. Then during our 10 o'clock break, I went to the hotel lounge and watched it all unfold on the big screen TV. I remember thinking That is not a crop duster. That's a real plane hitting the towers!

It all made me think, and I continue to think now, that tomorrow isn't promised.

The next moment isn't even promised.

That was such a tragic day in our history. Thank God it hasn't repeated itself on that scale in all these years.

And I pray it never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!