Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Sigh (Lord Help Me... Please)

It was such a nice sunny morning in my beloved ATL...

Yet this was me this morning:

Why?

Because my sister Kentucky got her Visa and travel itinerary. She leaves for the UAE on October 1st.



She got her official email (her "golden ticket" as the teachers are calling it), this morning. She'd left the house (to go walking), but came back in. She went upstairs to check her computer. I looked up her facebook teacher page, and people were announcing that they got their info. She hollered down that she got her ticket too...

"Good for you," I said, my voice shaky. "I'm not gonna cry."

Yet I fell back on the sofa and cried so hard that my shirt was wet.


Kentucky flew down the stairs and sat next to me and patted me on my back.

"It's okay," I said, between wails. "You go on and go walking."

She got up and left a few minutes later. I didn't know if I should go to work. But I finally stopped crying, got myself together and left.

Man oh man... I don't know how I am going to deal with this. I thought she would  be staying with me for just a couple of weeks, a month at the most, but I got the chance to spend 3 whole months with my sister.

My prayer on the way to work this morning was Thank you God for thinking about me so much that You gave me THAT much time with my sister before she left. Only You know how much I needed that.

I'm always amazed how God thinks over and beyond  when it comes to what I need.. It never fails.

Now what  I need to do is pull myself together, pack her up, and get her on out of her.

That much I can do... even with a few tears in my eyes.

10 comments:

  1. Oh Ladylee!!! This is so rough. But I'm so glad you found gratitude in the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gonna be alright. My boss told me to take next week off with her, and I most likely will. He told me to take the rest of the week off, to which i hollered "No tempt me".

      It will be alright. She is just the only family member that I am around on a consistent basis. So I have to adjust. And I will :)

      Delete
  2. Lord you had me shedding a tear after I read the part about you falling out on the couch. It will be ok. Praying for you and your sisters well being and adjustment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be strong Ladylee. The Lord will see you through. When a door closes, a window opens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...be strong Lady. I am glad you got a chance to bond with the grown-up she has become before she goes abroad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, sign up for the Flight Deal if you haven't already so you can catch the next time the tickets are 201RT to UAE and go visit! And yes, so big of you to find the silver lining

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe, you got me all teary eyed. I am glad you are able to see the silver lining. Add get a passport to your to do list and visit!

    I can't wait to hear about all of her adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:49:00 AM

    (((HUGS)))) from Arkansas!

    ~LisaBinAR

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww (((Ladylee)))

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!