Thursday, October 13, 2016

Happy Thursday


Happy Thursday to you!

And I have a post I meant to put up on Monday or Tuesday!

Shame on me. Oh well.

Anyway, I have been eating raw for the month. I am near the halfway point, and it seems to be going well enough.

My goal this weekend was to explore a couple of raw restaurants, one I am familiar with and a new one.

So I'd been itching for some raw nachos from Lov'n it Live, a raw spot down in East Point.

Got 'em!


And they were GONE. I finished those off... quickly.

For later on in the week, I bought some raw lasagna. I wanted to try this because my sister had been talking about it. Now my sister is FINICKY. And when my sister likes something, you better jump a fence, catch a train and steal a car to get to it...

So I did all that... and I got it!


Ooooooooh weeeeeee! It was good. And it lasted awhile. Good stuff.

My FAVORITE find this weekend was a restaurant a couple of miles from my house:

Tassili's Raw Reality... 

One word: FANTASTIC!!

I had some great raw corn, raw okra and raw "Stir-fry".


(There is that Callie. Her facial expression says... something. I don't think she was as enthused as me).

Not sure how they did that. But it was GREAT.

I had some raw cake also.


Blew me away. Not sure how they pulled that off, but I am not surprised. I have had raw apple pie and other raw desserts in the past.

Now, the most interesting meal I had from there was a kale wrap. I wanted it wrapped in a coconut wrap (not eating wheat right now), but they were out of those. So they wrapped it in SEAWEED. 

It looks a little scary. Seaweed. I've only had that as part of my sushi California rolls.

But it was filled with some goodness... kale, tomato, avocado and whatever else!



How WONDERFUL!!

It was enough for 2 meals. And I mean I was FULL.

I'm so glad I found a raw spot so close to my house. I have to make sure I regulate myself though, where I don't spend all my spare change up in there. Let's just say I have been up in there 4 times since Saturday. Hmmm....

So it was a good exploration.

I am so happy I ventured out. I found some places where I can kick a little variety into my raw month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!