Friday, February 17, 2017

Friday Freestyles: Birthday #47 Edition

Whelp! Never too late to post about my birthday.

My birthday ritual has been pretty much the same for the past 15 or so years: Me and my best friend LadyTee spend our birthdays together. That didn't happen last year because I was so busy. But we will pick it back up again this year.

For my birthday, we went to a high end Tex-mex restaurant, Superica.

That's the signage at night after a hard rain. (Yes it rained on my birthday. *sad face*)

Here's the signage during the day.


Hmmm... I like the nighttime signage better. 


I've been wanting to go there, but I've been like, uh... that look kinda expensive. But I try to go somewhere new on my birthday, and this is where we went.

It was pricey, but affordable. I think one could easily been $100 on dinner for two. But we were bootleg. We didn't get drinks (just water), and we split an entree.  We also got a couple of bacon wrapped shrimp.

I didn't take pictures since it was dark inside, but I found some pictures on the web.

We had bacon wrapped shrimp for our entree.
That was GREAT! The cup of sauce on the side was butter. No way, man. I dipped my shrimp in my salsa. They were doing way too much with the butter. How much cholesterol were they trying to heap on a plate?

They did have some of the best queso I've ever had.
And that salsa was the best I've had. They had a green one and a red one, and they puree it until smooth (I think). It was GREAT. I needed a jar of that.

And I think they made their tortillas from scratch.  They tasted that fresh.

It was a great time.

We also went to see Hidden Figures.



I LOVED this movie, and it was my second time seeing it.

Why did I love it? Because it was a story about black women in STEM. And that's who I am? How often do I get to see myself on screen?

Never. Not that I can remember.

Let's just say that I will be buying it when it comes out.

And it's up for an Oscar for best picture.

I HOPE IT WINS.

I swear, I will fall out right in the floor. Fall right out. Really.

So that was my birthday. LadyTee gave me a nice blanket and some pillows and a robe for my birthday! Oh JOY!!!

Her birthday is in March. So I am fast trying to get her birthday together. I am so excited, I can hardly wait!

Song of the Week. I am looking through my playlist, and it looks like I have been listening to the same 100 songs over and over again... Sigh. I need to venture out, don't I?

I'll just put up a couple of my favorites.





Both of those songs are over 30 years old. And they are STILL good. Oh yeah!

One more...



I love that song. Look at that clothing... straight out of the 1990s!

That's it for me. Believe it or not, I hope to be posting more. I actually have some posts in my draft queue. I think what I will do is just start loading up pictures and just save those posts in queue and just load them up whenever. I am not doing well with this one or two posts a week.

I have so MUCH to say!

Year 47 gonna be a great year!  I declare it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!