Thursday, January 10, 2019

Ten Thursday Thoughts



I wrote this first as Ten Tuesday thoughts, then I realized it wasn't Tuesday. Then I got happy! Because the weekend is one day away. GLORY.


1. Whew wee... this has been a mentally taxing week. Why? Because there are only 10 people working in the whole building. Talk about eerie. I miss the busyness of the cubicle area. I miss the conversations and laughter of my coworkers.


2. With that said, I am ready for this daggone gub'ment shutdown to be over. I cannot believe that congress is allowing this.

3. Thank goodness for Nancy Pelosi and the women of congress, because most of the male members are Ken dolls. (If you don't understand what that means, go buy a Ken doll and pull his pants down. What do you see? That is all.)

4. Interestingly enough, I have to work during this shutdown. I may or may not get a paycheck. Who knows. I will not allow myself to be stressed, because...

5. The Lord takes care of me. That is all.

6. I had my appraisal hearing. I think it went well. They need to visit my property and measure my house, something like that. Information is wrong in the county system. So, I will wait around with that. Hey, as long as they lower my property taxes, I'm good.

7. I have to make sure that I keep up on my water intake, as I do not want to end up back in the hospital again. So I bring water to work.


8. Look at that glass bottle of water. That is some spring water from Italy. There is nothing like water out of a glass bottle. This particular bottled water has NO aftertaste. So that makes me want to drink it even more.

9. But lo and behold, look what's over behind all of that bottled water. Hmm.

Soda! Pomegranate soda! Ugh. I would love to drink it, but it ain't water. It's been sitting off in the back of my cubicle for 6 months, though. I will just leave it there until I can share it with someone.
10. I am coming to work earlier since the shutdown began. I do not like being one of four or five people in the building after dark. It feels good to get home in the evening while it's still daylight! I may have to keep this schedule.

That's it for Thursday thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!