Tuesday, October 08, 2019

A Very Cookie Day


Dedicated to "Carmen"...

So one of my favorite pastimes is making cookies.

I love making them in the morning while I'm watching TV, folding clothes, or washing dishes.

Not sure what that's about. It soothes me for some reason. It's therapeutic.

However, I don't want all of the cookies. I want a few, maybe no more than three or four. And those will last awhile.

It's just that when I want a cookie, I want a really good cookie. And the best are homemade.

No, you will not find me buying cookies off of the cookie aisle at the grocery store. NO.

So, I do not mind making them. I just need to get rid of the bulk of them. They will go stale in my house. Yes, I have thrown cookies away before. Too bad, so sad.

Alas, there are ALWAYS homies at the workplace who will GLADLY take cookies off my hand.

Here's this morning batch cooling on the counter.


Those are oatmeal raisin walnut cookies. They were for Lady A.

The convo was looking crazy with Lady A yesterday.

"Girl, why you didn't tell me your birthday was on Wednesday?"
"I told you last week," she said.
"Man... I'ma make you some cookies, then. What kind you want?"
"Oatmeal raisin," she replied.
I grimaced. "I don't know if I have any raisins. I have to look for them."
"Or you can do the oatmeal, raisins, and chocolate chips together."
"YUUUUUCK," I hollered.

The convo went on about the type of cookies she wanted. And her and her hubby's birthdays are a day apart (Lawd, how does that happen?)  So Brother B likes my cookies. (I have to STRESS to her that she must share with B, though. Humph).

That was a 5 minute convo. I know the cubicle area had to be like, What the world is LadyLee whining about?

Lady A was like, whatever. That's what she like. And Lady A is on a high right now. Her and B going on vacay for their birthdays. She got that vacation braid job, braids so fresh that they looked like she'd just had them done that morning right before she came to work. Had me cracking on her...

"You not Lady A, you Carmen today!"

LOL

Anyway, back to my whining. I whine because I did not feel like looking for raisins.

But, I went home and immediately found the raisins. They were in the cabinet in a quart ziploc bag with other stuff like that. I had some gold and regular raisins, and it was just enough to make cookies. Thank goodness, because going to the store for a missing ingredient really sucks. I don't keep raisins around. I usually use dried cranberries, as they cut through some of the cookie sweetness.

But I wanted to hook Lady A up right, you know?

And that I did!

She got 1.5 dozen of oatmeal raisin walnut cookies!



(I also like drawing on bags. This too is mighty therapeutic for some reason).

There's always a few leftovers, so I took a bag to one of my new coworkers, who is quickly becoming one of my favorite peeps in the building. Lady Cora!



I think she got 6-8 cookies: oatmeal chocolate chip pecan, and the remainder of Lady A's oatmeal raisin walnut cookies. (I couldn't fit them all in A's bag).

She was munching down on them before I could even tell her the type of cookies in the bag. She'd never had them before.
"These good, girl," she mumbled while munching down on an oatmeal raisin cookies. "These real good."
LOL

This made for a great morning. It's been a long time since I baked cookies on a morning where I gotta go to work. But it was fun. And my lab experiments worked today, so GLORY! A great day.

Gotta bake cookies more often!

Have a great birthday, Lady A (and Brother B)! And many more!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:39:00 PM

    got me wishing I worked with you so I could get some cookies :)
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!