Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Meals of the Week

 Here are a couple of my favorite meals this week.

I try to make sure I eat my raw veggies during the week. Salads are the best route to this goal.

Now, what's interesting here is the radish.  It's called Watermelon radish. It's named from its very apparent similarity to a cut watermelon.

It was interesting. It did not taste like watermelon. It taste like radish. I am not a big radish fan. But it makes a very pretty addition to a dish. I'm not running to the store to buy it. It was on a salad bar, and that's as good as any reason to try it.

My second favorite dish was my bootleg version of barbeque shrimp!

I caught a special on head-on shrimp. For some odd reason, I couldn't get it as hot as I have in the past, and I didn't feel like fighting with it. But it was quite good with some warm French bread. Made me feel like I was in New Orleans all over again!

Good stuff!

1 comment:

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!