Friday, July 03, 2020

Friday Freestyles

It is Friday!

I WISH it was PAYDAY.

But it isn't.

BUT it is a federal holiday, which means, I don't have to go to work. Or, these days, it means I don't have to walk to the dining room table and turn on my laptop and check my emails and attend meetings and webinars... Sigh.

So this doesn't feel like a holiday. I will make myself some ribs and potato salad tomorrow and see how that works out. But oh well.

Just ready for all this to be over. Because 2020 so far has been... *blank stare*

The second half of the year is upon us!! My goodness, I wish we could just skip the next 6 months and hit 2021 already. I am ready to holler Happy New Year! But alas, that's not going to happen. I think right now, the way everything is going, we all need to just make it to next year, ALIVE.

I just pray that the rest of the year that we level up.

Level up, y'all! That means that we literally get our sh*t together. Take what is going on seriously! Get a plan! Wear a mask, socially distance, something! I don't know the solutions. All I can do is pray, and right now, prayer is everything.

But on a good note, I finally scored some cheap hand sanitizer and wipes.


So maybe things are looking up. Who knows.

And I have to admit, I am SHOCKED that all this confederate statue controversy is going on.  Sorry ya'll we got other ish to worry about, like this covid. Yes, if they can come down, then they come down. But Lord have mercy, can we get this virus mess under control.

Besides, I like how this one statue is being reconsidered...


Yeah... shine a light on the statues.

Song of the Week. I haven't been listening to much music lately. There has been more mindless TV and a good bit of writing. But there is one song that I have had on repeat much of the week. "Playing your game" by Barry White.



How long has Barry White been gone from us? Looking around on Wikipedia, I see that he died in 2003. So he's been gone 17 years?!?!?!? 17 years! Wow, that's a long time ago.

But I love that song. So lush. I think that song was made with his Orchestra. I just miss really good music like that. Sigh.

I don't have much of anything to write about right now. I'm just sitting around waiting... and waiting.. for all this to be done.

On a positive note. Really hoping our country will have some "Come to Jesus" moment.

On purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!