Friday, July 17, 2020

Friday Freestyles

Man oh man, it is Friday.

I don't even know what day this is quarantine. Everybody is just like "screw it", anyway. We stop counting days now. This is the beginning of month #5. I think. I am ready to go back to work. They have disinfected the place after 2 people were COVID positive. It is still on a volunteer basis.

This Oldgirl ain't volunteering for NUTHIN. I am ready to go back to work when I get an official email, something on paper and documented, of an exact date to return. Not gonna be in a building with a bunch of people on a volunteer basis.

When I can get paycheck at home and teleworking. HUMPH.

It sucks, but oh well.

I don't know what they gonna do about all this. We need LEADERSHIP. Everything is beginning to feel like a campaign rally right now. Bump that. Solve this problem!

Speaking of leadership. Y'all need to come get my governor. Ugh.


Tell me... what is he doing? He sued the Mayor of Atlanta over the mask mandate she put in place.

Sir, stop it. You know what EVERYBODY is thinking, don't you?

Mind you, there are several mayors all over the state of Georgia who have instituted mask mandates.

But he decides to sue my mayor Keisha.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

My Mayor bust out with an Audre Lorde quote on him.

"I AM DELIBERATE AND AFRAID OF NOTHING."

Translation---> I have 0 f**** to give, so bring it on, bro.

You know we all siting down here thinking the same thing.

Sir... you were not even smart enough to cover that up by suing EVERY mayor in Georgia. But you picked that one. Yes, ok.

Your slip is showing, sir.

This may not matter because ALL the major grocery stores have slapped mask mandates into place. I don't blame them.
Stop all this foolishness.

That's all I got to say about that.

Movie of the week. Fatal Affair...


This movie was okay. If you have seen one affair-gone-tragic movie, you have seen them all. Each has a little different twist to it, but that's about it. This one, sadly, stuck close to the same ol' formula. I watched it on Thursday night, and it was good to crochet to, I suppose.  But it's not anything I will watch again. Typical Netflix fare. It would've made a great Lifetime movie.

But what I liked about it was seeing Omar Epps and Nia Long on screen. They are a throwback to the 90s.  That made it worth watching. I will give it a grade of a C.

Song of the Week. "Inside my Love" by Minnie Ripperton


That is a good song that comes up in my Spotify weekly playlist. Loved-ed it! So calm, so soothing. I wish we had pure singers like her still. Ugh.

That is it for my freestyle Fridays. Man, I am thankful for living another day... and in these times, I always end that every morning with...

LITERALLY.

On purpose!

Have a great weekend.

And please practice your social distancing and wear your masks.

2 comments:

  1. I am trying to see how Kemp going to make this stick, when he chose only Atlanta's mayor to sue. You are right his slip is showing. I only got through about 15 minutes of the movie. I will try again, but I got bored fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you know 2 judges have recused themselves from the case. So it may drag out. But Keisha is here for it all. She is not afraid of him. Bring it on.

      That movie... seriously could have been on Lifetime. I found it to be quite milquetoast. I watched it, and like I said, I got some crocheting done. That is about it. Same old storyline, wash, rinse and repeat.

      Delete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!