Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Twelve Tuesday Thoughts

Ten... no TWELVE thoughts on a Tuesday!!

1. I cannot stand commercials, on tv or radio, etc., that have people snoring in them. Drives me crazy.

2. What I'm reading right now: The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett.


Well, what I'm listening to right now. Thank goodness for audible.

I'm only one-third of the way through the book, but man oh man... it is FANTASTIC. The level of writing is off the charts!

3. I have decided to spend 30 minutes on each room of my house for the remainder of July. I started with the Laundry room today, and it looks great!

4. I am struggling with reading an hour a day. New requirement attached to that: it has to be something that is interesting and holds my attention.

5. I was looking around on my Hulu app and came across The Color Purple!


That movie is 35 years old, and it is still timeless. I cannot believe how well shot it is. Now I can look at it all day!

6. New crochet project well underway, ya'll!


7. Song I love right now. "Confused" by Tevin Campbell.



8. I am ordering a lot of Amazon right now, frankly more than I care to admit. What's interesting now is that the amazon deliveryman doesn't ring the doorbell, but just leaves the packages on my front porch, sometimes all in the open. I don't know it is there until I look out the front window. Do they not understand that I live in the 'hood? Hide that package behind the porch banister... doggonit.

9. I had some shrimp aguachile for dinner. Well, my bootleg version.


That's a pic from the internet. Mine didn't look that nice.

It is cerviche dish, which mean you do not cook your seafood, but let the lime or lemon juice cook it. The hell with that. I boiled my shrimp first.

10. I cannot believe we are almost halfway through July. Ugh. This is day uh... like 120, something like that.

11. My workplace is CLOSED, due to two people testing positive for the COVID-19. So we are shut down until further notice. Man, this is why I paid no attention to that "volunteer to come up to work" BS. I got stuff to do, but I ain't volunteering to do NUTHIN, when I can sit at home and still collect a paycheck. No sir. No ma'am.

12. And now they gotta sanitize the building and do all this contact tracing and figure out who was up there on specific days. This is one less Oldgirl they do not have to worry about tracing. I been at the house!

That is it for my Tuesday Thoughts!

4 comments:

  1. We just discussed The Vanishing Half at my book club meeting. I was so disappointed with the ending because I have too many questions. I liked it otherwise. I read it in one weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ending was like... wait, whut? This is how it ends? Ugh. So I agree with you on that one. But the writing was very lovely. The author had a real knack for description. I am reading her other book, the Mothers, right now. Good book... sort of scared it may end wrong, though.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I knew she had a previous book. I was not sure if I wanted to risk it with the way this one ended. I was surprised that so many loved it. It was good but nothing I would reread. I am not even sure I would recommend because of all the loose ends.

      Delete
  2. I think the book allowed for great discussions on passing, hiding from others and yourself, and other issues with race and colorism.


    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!