Thursday, July 02, 2020

Ten Thursday Thoughts

10 Thoughts! On a Thursday!!

1. So I actually sat down and counted up the days that we have been quarantined/working from home. And it has been 107 days. 107 days! Oh my goodness.

2. The weather in the ATL has been a bit jarring as of late. In the morning, it's bright and sunny. But in the afternoon, it will suddenly get super dark outside, and the torrential rains come. It is quite unnerving.

3. It's being reported that confirmed cases of Covid-19 have skyrocketed, and that it is due to activity during Memorial Day weekend. We passed the 50,000 daily case mark today.

4. With that said, I wonder what will be the fallout from the upcoming 4th of July holiday weekend?

5. I spent Easter alone. I spent Memorial Day alone. And I will spend 4th of July alone. And I am okay with admitting that I am ok with that. That is just the introvert in me. Just imagine if I was an extrovert. Not sure if I would be able to take it.

6. I have had more than enough time to examine myself, and I am okay around 99.87% of my day. The other 0.13% of the time, I am teary-eyed. That amounts to around a couple of minutes of my day, so that is okay. Just keep pushing forward is what I tell myself during those times.

7. The whole idealogy of "American Exceptionalism" is pretty much in the toilet right now when it comes to our handling of the pandemic. You know it's bad when Europe bans travel from the United States. Even they can see we're mucking this thing up.

8. I actually bought some ribs to cook for the holiday. Not much, though. Only 1/2 slab of Kansas cut ribs and 1/3 slab of baby back ribs. I was thinking about making a crab boil, but I will save my crabs for another day. I may also make some potato salad. Haven't had any since Easter.

9. I actually made a goal earlier this year to read for an hour a day. I failed miserably at that. So, I am just going to make that a July goal. I feel I need to just sit and be quiet and focus on something besides the phone, radio, or television. It seems to help my mental in some way. And the longer this goes on, I realize I really appreciate moments of pure quiet, save for the tweeting birds outside my window.

10. This picture right here completely unnerves me.


I have to be honest. I am not really ready for my waiter to be covered down like this. Mind you, he is still breathing the air of the patrons. Hmmm. I personally don't plan to sit down in a restaurant until 2021. And I may not fly until 2022. That's the goal.

That is it for my Ten Thursday Thoughts. Tomorrow is my federal holiday off from work, so let the festivities begin! Woo-hoo!!

Have a happy and safe 4th. Please wear your masks, and do your best to socially distance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!