Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Best Uncle of All...

I know whenever I go to any of Cowgirl Cre's family functions, I make a beeline for one of her Uncles.

Uncle Willie B.




He's always the sharpest uncle at any function, in a nice silk outfit, like he heading straight out to the finest juke joint when the family festivities are over.

I barely recognize him when he's not dressed or without his jewelry. I know one time, my coworker and neighbor Hen-Dog needed his car fixed, and Cowgirl Cre's daddy and Uncle Willie B. went on over there to have a look at it. I recognized Cre's Dad, waved to him from my front porch. I didn't recognize the man he was with.

Well, I grabbed Oscar-Tyrone and headed down the street to talk to them. The man with Cre's daddy said...

"Betcha don't know who I am."

*lee and oscar peering at strange man closely*

He had on a navy blue work jumpsuit and a baseball cap.

Took me a few minutes, but I finally recognized him.

"You're Uncle Willie B," I whispered.

LOL

Yes, the man is dressed to the nines when I see him.

At one family function, he wore all white.



We happen to be outside, kids playing, dirt everywhere. I asked him how he stay so clean? He said he just makes sure not to get anything on his clothes.

Uh, okay. Let me wear white... It'll be dirty! lol

He makes jewelry, and his fingers are always filled with rocks.



I do love seeing him!

Now, when we arrived at The Labor Day get-together in the country, I looked around. I didn't see Uncle Cre. Someone said he and Cousin Cre had skipped off to a birthday party for a 98 year old resident of the town.

But I saw them when they came back. They got out of the car and headed across the yard...

... And there was Uncle Cre.

Decked out in PINK



I had to stand up... and holler.

UNCLE Wille B!

He walked over to our picnic table.

I gave him a hug, looked him up and down.

Pink. Head to toe, even the shoes!



I told him, "Watch out now, you messing my head up with all this pink."

He smiled.

I asked him later on, "You gotta let me know, how did you come up on this pink outfit? I mean, even your shoes match perfectly."

"Well," he said. "I get an idea in my mind, and I go with it."

"I don't know how you can top this," I said. "You'll have to come with an outfit made out of the American Flag."

His son Chris said "Lawd, don't give him no ideas."

LOL!!!

I don't care what he wear. I know he'll be SHARP as a tack.

I told my sister, don't let him get you off in a convo. He's gonna lecture you on being happy in life, and doing what you need to do. He'll talk your ear off. You'll come away with some type of positive thoughts.

And that's fine with me. Sometime you need someone to lecture you on being "happy"!

So I was glad to see the best Uncle of all... Uncle Willie B.

Can't wait to see him again!

10 comments:

  1. Ah! Yes, gotta love Uncle Willie B. Wow, pink he must be very confident too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo weeeee. Uncle Willie B is as sharp as a tack!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you entertaining us to death with these stories about Cre's fam! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pops is sharp, and the rings took the cake.He's alright with me. Go head Uncle Willie B.

    Go

    ReplyDelete
  5. jennifer7:55:00 AM

    aww he made me smile, looks so much like my Godfather who passed a year ago. Thanks, Lee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cowgirl Cre9:53:00 AM

    That's MY Uncle Willie B.!! He is the bestest!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like a man in pink, but not pink shoes! But if he came to the hole in the wall I frequent, I'd dance with him. May even sit on his lap. LMAO Sorry Cre!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL. He reminds me of some men in Detroit.

    He makes jewelry. Wow, how interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:13:00 PM

    I hate Serenity for that comment!

    Uncle Willie B is cool with me.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!