Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday, Monday, Monday

Good Monday Morning!

And I must say... I don't care for Mondays, but I tell ya, I'm happy to see this Monday morning. I'm looking forward to getting back to the daily monotonous routine.

That don't even sound right, do it?

But it is...

Anyway, on to my weekend.

Friday night. I had a FABULOUS Women of Color Writing Workshop. The ladies and I generated some very nice material, and I'll be posting some of mine up on blog.

You know, even if I don't produce a single word, or have a bad night, it always helps to get together with the ladies. Our moods are unsteady for whatever reason, but it helps to get together to write and talk. I know it helps our well being, and I am all for that.

So I had a great time Shakeia, Dawn, Erica, and Ray-Ray! Looking forward to seeing you and writing again in a couple of weeks.

Saturday. It was a good day, uneventful in it's own right. I got up, did my usual chores, crocheting, reading, walking....

Then I went out really late Saturday night for a movie and bowling and... and stayed out all night. That could be a good or bad thing. Haven't really decided. All I know is that I'm not a spring chicken, and can barely hang, lol...

No details discussed here. Let's just say you had to be over on twitter to be in on the convo.

You know I'm in a tad bit of trouble when my blog bruh The Brown Blogger tweets the next morning: "The doors of the church are open".

I forgot that dude was around over there. And he's so funny, that that might have not even been for me, lol.

And you know it's a strange thing when my baby blog sister Serenity23 has to scold and chastise me. I know she's going to be full of questions today on our private email string. Or she may just leave me alone, lol.

She jocks me terribly, and wants to be like me. I have to be a better example for her.

(She is reading that thinking "What the hell?")

Lesson of the week: Don't set fires that you may not be able to extinguish.

Geez. I have WAY too much to think about that I absolutely don't care to think about but I'm forced to think about.

Moving. Right. Along.

Sunday. Sunday was interesting. I drank some coffee around midnight. Coffee is not my friend. It'll keep me up for a good couple of days, man. I didn't go to sleep when I got in, and my appetite was shot. I happen to have a quart of carrot juice in the fridge, and that was what I drank all day, that and water.

But it was a FULL day of football. Oh my! I am SO glad football season is in! WOW!

I have a fantasy football team, and we lost. Sigh. But that's okay. I enjoyed the games.

That's all I have to say for today.

Blog fam hollers "That was short, LadyLee!"

Yes it was. That's because you got anywhere from 10 to 15 posts coming up this week.

Your friendly neighborhood Oldgirl is feeling a bit prolific.

I got a lot of stuff in my drafts, gotta clear some of that out, amongst other interesting things I want to post.

With that said... I feel pretty good today. Got a doc appointment this morning, so I'll be heading into work late.

I'ma choose to be happy this week. My choice. Anyone attempting to wreck my steelo will get verbally drop kicked.

Yeah.

LOL

Ya'll have a great week. On purpose.

7 comments:

  1. 10-15 posts this week! Yeah! I am off work this week without FB, so I know I have something to look forward to other than doing homework!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jennifer11:41:00 AM

    dag, now I want to join Twitter if only to read what happened LOL. But nah...

    Hey, sometimes its good to break out of the routine of things. Sounds like you shook it up LOL. Carry on, oldgirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. @TGEB Oh. It's you. The Lurker. You always get excited when I post alot. HUMPH.

    @Jennifer... NOOOOOO... Stay off twitter. Bad, bad, bad. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I...can't..."The doors of the church are open" LOLLLLLLLLLL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @MzInspiredmind... OH BE QUIET, CHICKEN. You were one of the main ones clowning me on twitter. I'ma get you back for that one.

    (But it was all insanely funny.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm on twitter and still missed it apparently. Ugh. You know you can find me. ALL OVER THE PLACE, up to my usual NO GOOD, well sometimes good. I don't remember my weekend but yours sounds like it was nice, and I need to google those workshops I'd love to attend one. Really.

    Go

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't ask about the weekend but I am still keeping my eye on you. I couldnt' believe you stayed out that late.. On a church night. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!