Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday Freeeeeeestyles

Good Merning!

It's Friday!!

GLORY!!!

This has been a slooooooow week. Just slow. It has been a 3 day workweek. We have to turn in silly reports at the end of the week of what we accomplished this week at work. Mine will be, like, 2 words. Which will probably get a side-eye coming my way.

I don't CARE. TOO much has gone on this summer at work. Management can go sit on a tack!!

I'll take ethics for 200 dollars, Alex.

lol

Thank you Lord, for my good gub'ment job. That is all.

Not sure what's going on with me this weekend. I know I have a writing workshop tonight. That last one, well, I was a little disengaged. Maybe I'll be better tonight.

9/11 is tomorrow. Waaaay to much religious turmoil going on right now, with the mosque up in NY, and with the good Pastor down in Florida. It is really bothering me. I'll write my thoughts tomorrow.

Quote of the Week: One from one of my big blog sistas, LoveBabz... The parts of the quote that resonate deeply with me are highlighted in green...

"With all the mess going on in the world, around my city and in my life. I love my life. I love the choices I am making to move forward. I cannot be told what to do except by God. I am not listening to noise. I have long since given up seeking other's approval. Turning 40 (I am 47) is the great beginning of "Get The Fuck Out Of Here" era. I just can't bear witness to other's people projections about how they think I ought to be.

I was listening to Joel Osteen talking about run your own race. Stay in your lane and do you. It was so on point. You are wasting time competing with other people...that takes you off your path and into someone else's race. Run your own race. Then I heard T.D.Jakes talking about letting negative people go. You can't succeed when you are surrounded by folks whispering you can't do this that or the other thing. They are perhaps well meaning. But you have to know when folks are speaking from their place of fear."


I tell you... that's a long quote, but it's chocked full of good good stuff.

I tell you, man. I have changed DRASTICALLY since turning 40. Folk thought I was a bit jarring when dealing with people who wreck my steelo. But doggonit, my tolerance for BS is nonexistant these days. I just don't tolerate it.

But if I gotta watch you, watch what I say around you, watch my stuff... you not uplifting me, I'm not uplifting you, you bringing chaos and there's figurative carnage everytime you step into the room...

You criticizing me, you looking down your nose at me, you messy as hell, you judgmental...

You're NOT helping me find peace and make progress in my life!

You just a straight up TRIP!

If any of the above apply: You're eliminated from my life. Period.

I don't care what you think of me. As a matter of fact, the quality of my life went up a notch when I stopped dealing with you!

LOL. I wonder if that's what my girl Babz meant about the "Get the fcuk out of here" Era starting when you turn 40.

If so... I am THERE. I am so THERE.

If that is what it is, then oh my! What an era it is.

Wooosah!

I tell you: there is nothing worse than being in bondage to people. Nothing. I can't stand it, and I won't tolerate it one bit in my life. Nope.

And with that said, I will NOT hold people in bondage. NO! If I'm not an assest to your life, RUN in the other direction as fast as you can!

Song of the Week. I love remixes, especially when a pop song is smoothed down into a more R&B vibe. Here's one of my favorites: "Why Must We Wait" by Tina Turner.




I LOVE that song. Especially those opening lyrics:

You wanna take a little time
You wanna drank me like a fine wine
Write the book of love, line by line...


BOY! Those are some rich lyrics there, babes!

I'm working on a particularly difficult chapter of my manuscript right now, and that song captures the feelings of my female protagonist perfectly. I can't put that song in the story, as I try to keep anything that has to do directly with my own heart out of my stories these days. And I find it difficult to write on love matters.

But that song... if I can capture the feeling of that song. Wow. That'll be hot right there.

I have a couple of people reading, easing up to me whispering... "You got that chapter 29 yet?"

NO NINJA!

lol. But working on it. Very difficult, just trying to get it right... on purpose. Should have it together by Monday!

Alright, that has been my freestyles... a little touch of what's on my mind at the moment...

You all have a FANTASTIC weekend!

7 comments:

  1. That quote is definitely the bizness! I'm right there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How on time is this! I have been thinking all week how I'm over people who don't contribute to the peace I need in my life. I don't care who you are. I have family members who don't give me peace so I distance myself from them too. I don't do obligatory relationships. Great great quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Chele... You feel me, Oldgirl? I thought it was just me.

    I went back and put in a link to that post. I must say that I do like:

    "I am not listening to noise."

    Shoot, I could've just pulled that line alone. lol

    My best friend told me once I hit 37, the mess folks pull is going to get real funny to me. And once I hit 40, it's gonna be incredulous, like "I can't even believe we even having this conversation."

    I understand what she means. My tolerance for BS disappeared into thin air, like, overnight or something. Glad it's just not me!

    @CreolePeach... It's an epiphany ain't it? I mean, you can actually place folks into "peace" and "chaos" categories. Chaos is OUT! Do not pass go, don't collect 200 dollars. BE GONE, MAYNE.

    And if the same time, If I'm not bringing peace into your life, just open the door... I will hastily put my ownself out!

    Alright, ya'll got me all fired up this good Friday merning. Let me go somewhere and chill, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes ma'am..I can totaly relate to this post. I'm 41 now but when I hit 40 something just hit me like a ton of bricks. It really did become my "get the fuck out of here era". I really became liberated and I'm loving every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:00:00 PM

    yes ma'am...I needed that today!!! I agree and I may be JACKING your quote for my sunday brunch group....thank you in advance....

    since turning 40 I have been CLEANING HOUSE.....PERIOD

    Now more than ever in my life I have been getting rid of folks who don't have Dees best intrest at heart....

    PEACE AND PROGRESS

    THANKS LADY LEE


    dee in san diego

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the quote...if that is what happens at 40 --due tell what happens in the next decade... :D

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!