Friday, September 03, 2010

Friday Freestyles

Wassup ya'll...

It's Friday!!!

And it is PAYDAY!!!




GLORY!!!!!

And I'm still in bed. Sigh.

I wanted to get to work early today because there will be NO ONE there. Everyone is going to be off, so I expect a very quiet time. My boss rarely harrasses me these days (I think I'm a bit too belligerent for her), so I expect a pretty uneventful day.

I'm looking forward to the weekend. Going down to "the country" to my cubicle mate and friend The Cowgirl Cre's family reunion/labor day gathering.

And my baby sista is coming along. That should be interesting. Kentucky is a quiet one. And Cre's family is as crazy and loud as they come.

But there should be good food. They barbeque during the day, and have a fish fry at night.

That's gonna be some GOOD eating. I posted about my time there 3 years ago. Go have a look.

It's funny, because I asked Cre what kind of vegetables they would have.

*crickets*

No one cares about that. I do, though.

Tonight I'm makiing around 12 dozen cookies. Hope that's enough for the masses!

Quote of the week:"Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have in trying to change others." Jacob M. Braude

That right there is the truth. The bare bones truth right there.

Songs of the week. I've been listening to this song, an interesting remake of the grunge hit "Creep" by Radiohead. Not a great idea due to it being terribly depressing.



My goodness. That song should be call "Angst!!!!".

There's a whole story there too. I'm looking at it thinking, "Where are your friends, Oldgirl? WHY aren't you happy? Don't take yourself out, gal!!!!"

That video is sad... Let's have something happy!

Here's a song I really like by Sweet Sable. Bet you haven't heard it before, and I wonder if you know the song that is sampled.



Now, back in 1994, we were TERRIBLY interested in Sweet Sable, as she made a song called "Old Times Sake" where she sang of smoking a blunt and drinking a Henneiken. That whole CD was VERY good. It was produced by Nicki Nicole, a female producer out before Missy Elliot stepped on the scene.

Not sure why Sweet Sable fell through the cracks. I thought she was a good singer.

Whelp! That's all for today.

I'm going to get myself together and go to work. Muster up the courage to ask my boss if I can leave early. Not sure how that's going to go. I REALLY don't want to be at work 'til 7 tonight. If I can get out of there by 4, I'm good!

I hope you all have a great weekend.

On Purpose!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:02:00 PM

    Who?! Sweet sable. Never heard of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My momma is from KY. I LOVE going there to visit the fam that still lives there. I love how everyone just kinda mozys about and time is NOT of the essence. I'll be going in a few weeks for a festival that my fam always goes to together.

    Ohhh LOVE that quote. May have to 'borrow' it for my FB wall.

    Bwaahahahah! I used to love that Sweet Sable song. It was on the Above the Rim sdtrk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to print the quote of the week out. That IS the truf!

    Dang! 12 dozen cookies that's some baking. But I read the link to when you went a few years ago, so that might be enough. LOL!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that Sweet Sable song. I started hearing "Forget Me Nots" as soon as it started and started groovin'.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!