Friday, September 17, 2010

Freestyle Fridays

Happy Friday Morning!

I love Fridays! So happy for them. That meeans the WEEKEND is close at hand.

GLORY!!!!!

And to top it off, today is payday!




Hallelu--yer!

Oh well. That money is budgeted out and going different ways.

I've had a pretty good week. Work has been work. Management has clowned me as usual.

All I wanted to get across to management is "I WILL NOT BE TARGETED."

That's all they need to know. Clowning me about what time I come in is PETTY. Especially when it's negroes around there that STEAL time all the time. (It is hilarious to watch this going down. I may need to start turning folk in.)

Solve the real problems, then come get at me. HUMPH. Otherwise, kick rocks!

This mini rant has been brought to you by your friendly neighborhood Oldgirl .

Back to our regular programming.

Putting the stupid stuff aside, it has been a great week.

Summer is pretty much over, and I was doing a little reflecting back over it. I was really having a difficult time of it on the mental tip, just not in a good place. For me, this is okay, as ALL things of life are temporary. And life ebbs and flows. Long as I KNOW these two things, I am fine.

And that's the case. I am back to my normal self now. Thank goodness for that. I don't like being stressed out. Nobody does.

Nothing much going on for the weekend. I have a couple of errands to run, but for the most part, I am sticking around the house. NONE of the shenanigans of last weekend. I am an old chicken. Need to keep my chicken tail in the chicken coop! LOL

I have a bit of fall cleaning I want to get done. That means throwing out stuff. I've been looking at that show Hoarders, and my goodness, it makes me wanna clean out every crook and cranny of my house!

The year is going by super fast. It feels funny. 2011 will be here before you know it. I think I will sit down and make up a few goals for the remainder of the year.

Post of the Week: Actually there are two.

One is from the Infamous La Bella Vita, who I absolutely adore. I just LOVE her writing. She wrote a most suspensful post, entitled Pearl Harbor, which begins:

"I have the most comfortable bed on earth. It is like lying on clouds lined with organic cotton wrapped in the sighs of baby cherubs. If love and kindness was made by Serta, this is what it would feel like."

I was thinking after reading that... Awww... La is sleeping, sleeping soundly. She's going to tell a nice story about her bed. Awwww....

NOT.

This is the most suspensful craziness I've read in a very long time. To the point where it's stayed on my mind for minute. Suspensful, yet hilarious! Great story La. Yes, I'm gonna clown and stalk you relentlessly on twitter about it. LOL!!!

Another post I really loved was written by Tazzee, the nice New Wife. Yes, she and her wonderful husband went camping. I thought that was special, and that I would read a nice camping story. I told her on twitter, hey, if you see some bears take some pictures. She said there would be no bears. Hence, I thought I'd get a sweet camping story. Awww.

Well, there were no bears, but there was some MADNESS going on! Madness, I tell you! she wrote about it. Made me clutch the pearls. Had me hollering "What the world???!!"

She wrote all about it in piece entitled Adventures in the Wild.

Man! Great writing by both blog sistas! Whoo-hoooo! Loved-ed it!

Song of the Week: I love my remixes, and here's a rare one, one of my favorite songs. This here is a smoothed out version of Keith Sweat's "Keep it Coming"




That's grown folks music right there. You younguns under age 33, ya'll can't handle that.

Grown Folks music!

LOL

4 comments:

  1. @Chele...You too, Oldgirl:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great weekend LL.....I too want to clean out my house and get rid of "junk" and "stuff" this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Payday! Whaaaaaaaaat? Lemme hold suttin?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Schoolhouse Rock! That's what's up!

    I hate when they make a big deal about when you come in but NEVER make a big deal about those days when you day goes past the norm. Not saying I don't understand the other side, but it ain't THAT important!

    Summer? Over? Girl you in Atlanta!!! Summer never really ends... Come up to these parts! THEN you will see what summer being over REALLY looks like!

    That Pearl Harbor post was the stuff! Reminded me of exactly why she is one of the most gifted writers in blogdom! I am still waiting to see how the rest of the war is going to go...

    Under 33? Are you referring to young miss Boodydo Naturallocks?

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!