Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Quotable Quotes: "Try...Again"

I have another great Quote from one of the Original Oldgirls, the Infamous LoveBabz. I really need to email her and let her know that I'm using her quotes. I've asked her in the past, pleaded with her, really. She doesn't seem to mind, lol.

Anyway, here's another nice quote, with the parts that resonate with me highlighted in red:

"I am not a quitter. Oh, I do know how to walk the hell away from people, places and things that do not uplift my spirit or bring joy to my life. However, I am not a quitter. If I know I didn't give something my all, then I regroup, recharge and come at it again. Sometimes it takes a gazillion tries to get to a real sense of accomplishment. I am cool with that. My strength lies in my tenacity. I am not afraid of much in this world.

My fears are a different story. They, (my fears) as I said many times on this blog are seductive. They woo me like a desperate lover. It takes a great deal of courage to shush the voices of negative thinking and talk out of one's environment. I am courageous. I am fearless on so many levels. I like my inner grace. I am resolute in my vision for my life. I am not afraid to try, try, try, try, try again...

...I feel like I am climbing Mount Everest again with success as my goal. It doesn't matter that I've been here before at base camp. I learned a few things from the last time I attempted this climb. You see that's the gift! Not that I am back at base camp, but that I am back trying again with more tools and more support and more confidence than ever before.

I am not a quitter. I will always try, try, try, try. try again."





I'm not sure when my girl Babz posted that, but it's been on my mind every since.

Because I tend to have this attitude of "Oh Lawd, I been trying to do this, and I keep failing and failing."

But each time I fail, I know now that I come back to the starting gate with a little something extra in my tool box. I'm actually better equipped to handle the problem IF I don't let my fears talk me out of it...

Never thought of it that way...

Fears talk louder than my faith sometimes. As Babz said above... uh yeah, they can be like a desperate lover... Have you hemmed up. And you know how a lover knows how to get you to do whatever he or she needs you to do.

What great analogies. VERY understandable indeed.

But I need to squeeze fear out. Yeah, i've been doing that, and I've made huge strides.

But now I have another weapon... I can bring back to the table what I learned from the previous failure. Just one more little piece of information...

That just may help this time be the time that I don't fail, but I win.

You know the age old cliche: If I don't suceed at first, try, try again... and again... and again...

(As said above: "My strength lies in my tenacity.")

Try, try again. Until I win.

Just a little food for thought for my good Tuesday evening.

4 comments:

  1. while the concept isn't new, your girl said it amazingly! It made all the sense in the world. It makes me think about my challenges with weight loss and how I've always set out with goal in mind, yet kept falling short or down right failing. Well now my tool box is so appropriately equipped that I'm ready to try some more.

    this is such a positive message...i loved it. Thanks Lee and Love Babz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also applying this concept to my weight loss challenge. I will not QUIT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:58:00 PM

    I have a big fear right now with my career and moving further with it. My fear overtakes my faith. I just bought a devotional book about faith. The quote you posted really helped today. Thanks for posting it.

    Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  4. But each time I fail, I know now that I come back to the starting gate with a little something extra in my tool box. I'm actually better equipped to handle the problem IF I don't let my fears talk me out of it... <---- THIS IS THE TRUTH!!!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!