Friday, May 12, 2006

This week's homecooked meals!

This week I did something to piss off a few of my favorite blog sistas...

They all seem to eat out a lot. I told them that they need to make some homecook meals... I sent them some examples, and I will continue to send examples and pics until those broads-- and they know who they are-- get it together and do the right thing!!!!!

Now this is some random stir fry.




I am the freakin' stir fry queen of the world!! I make at least a couple of batches a month and sit it in the fridge... Add some noodles and random meat, and it's on.

Now these are my attempt at fajitas...



Serenity23, the super shoe queen blogger, LOVES Mexican food! I know she wasn't happy to see this. But she was cordial... She let me know "That looks good!"

Thanks girl!!

Now why don't you get your behind in the kitchen and make some from scratch!!!

Now a new Publix store opened on Thursday ... Downtown on Spring street, close to my job.

You should have seen a crew of us up in there. They had a bunch of free samples and stuff... We were soooo ghetto... We destroyed those freebies!! We just didn't care at all! (Yo ATLien Nikki, get down there NOW girl, they got some amazing deals until the 17th!!!)

Snow Crab legs were on sale for $5.99/lb. You know I had to do the darn thing!! I even threw some potatoes up in there. Let's just say I am ready for the weekend, babes!!



Now if you know anything about high post Publix, those Crab legs are going to be $9.99/lb next week. I may just go down there and buy all the crabs they got and stick them in my deep freezer in the garage, mayne!!

So there you have it...

And do Ladylee a favor ya'll... Stop rolling up on all that fast food... make it from scratch!!!!



4 comments:

  1. Gurl that food looks good. Now I don't have an aversion to the kitchen or nothing, but as you know, I'm not a world famous cook. Since we are working with our personal trainer, Ryan and I want to learn to cook quick, healthy meals. So please help us out and send us recipes and directions for easy, healthy dishes like that stir fry and the fajitas. I know that you're prolly saying "Dang! mayne....it's just stir fry", keep in mind, this is me you're talkin' to and a cook I am not. YET!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you right ... you right ... I love to create in the kitchen. But ...

    Here's the problem I need to overcome ... my kids won't eat anything that they can't identify ... they are sooooo unadventurous it makes me crazy. I was thrilled when they ate up the gumbo I made a while back. I've stopped getting my feelings hurt because they won't eat anything that's good for them ... but I haven't mastered the art of cooking for one and I hate to waste food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I love Mexican. Right now it is 8:30 in the morning and I wish I had some right now. I'm gonna run right out and get me that "I Love Mexican" t-shirt. Anyway, I am a working mother dear. I don't have all the free time you have. So I have to get something quick. I will however get back into my cooking routine sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:01:00 PM

    Happy Maw's Day...Kiss Kentucky and Mr. Milk and Cookies!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!