Monday, January 08, 2007

SnAKe BiTEs: "Nobody Knows But Me" & "Life Parts I and II"

See "Snake Bites: Introduction" for background post


Nobody Knows But Me

When a man says he’s too strong to cry,
That’s a lie.
I suffered too long...

Because I thought I was that strong.
I kept a lot of things to myself,
And suffering caused stress on my health.
I have problems that only I know about,
But now that I’m plugged in with LadyLee, now it’s coming out.
47 years, 18 days…
Been to five different prisons, with babies on the way.
And they tell me there’s no need to pray
I’m gonna go to hell anyway.
Lately, that’s been bothering me…
I guess the turtle gonna catch the rabbit eventually…
Nobody knows the trouble I’ve seen.
Nobody knows but me.






Life, Part I

The day he came out of his Mama’s womb
Found hisself in the operating room.
When the doctor hit him on his behind,
He didn’t know he had to grind.

God blessed me with this gift of poetry.
So with the paper and pen you can see what I see.

I am a creative individual.
I am more important than any style, game, or system.

My goal may not have been reached…
But it’s still something that I aim at.

Knowing not enough if I don’t do,
Willingness is not enough if I don’t apply.
When you THINK impossible, things become impossible.
But if you love life?
Don’t waste any time…
Because time is what life’s made of.

Time encompasses all if used wisely.
It’s only here for a minute.
Soon I will be free.
But until then I have to live in this world with constant struggle…
Because a life without God
Makes it hard on the yard.



Life, Part II

Life is what you make it.
You can be happy, or you can be sad.
It’s all left up to you to choose the right path.
Opportunity knocks on the door once.
Temptation knocks forever
.



6 comments:

  1. The Snake Man has talent.

    The cat got verbage. Thank the brother for sharing, will ya'? One can learn an thing or two by reading the lines and in between them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:03:00 AM

    Geez, check out Snake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Opportunity knocks on the door once.
    Temptation knocks forever..
    "


    THAT IS SO REAL I'M KEEPING IT!

    How deep is Snake??? I needed to hear that today!

    Tell his work was very very good! I enjoyed it immensely!

    *snapping fingers*

    Thank Lady...for real dough..

    -Snake's biggest fan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey LL,
    I am a good friend of Tayari aka celie..anyhoo, i absolutely love your blog, and tell Snake his words are fresh, tasty to my ears, delicious to my eyes..keep the pen to the paper and write on!
    by the way..i live here in Atl, we must meet over coffee and a good slice of poundcake..
    NurseCook...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:50:00 PM

    Happy New Years LL,


    Kudos to you for uplifting this mans spirits by giving him an ear and an audience(us) for Snakes god given talent.

    "God blessed me with this gift of poetry.
    So with the paper and pen you can see what I see."

    from the pics- he seemd sooooo happy and purpose filled now that he has been chosen to be a part of your "staff"

    Great Blog, keep up the good work.


    ThatsmyStory....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know a bunch of "Snake"s around my way and even in my own family. I always say there's a whole world of unseen "stuff" (pain, trauma, etc.) behind their lifestyles...

    Please tell Snake thanks for helping us to understand what some of us could never imagine.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!