Monday, September 10, 2007

Speechless

I'm going to do something unprecedented this week:

I am going to post something every single day.

Yeah, that is weird for me.

Which means, uh... you gonna see some SUPER SHORT posts!

Ya'll know how long winded I am, so that is a super crazy stretch...

And no pics... just ish on my mind... Can I do that?

I don't know!

We'll see...



Anyway... things heavy on my mind and have me tripping out lately:

So you know, my personal DJ, THE DJ DIVA, lives in the same city as me now. I am ecstatic about this. I mean, she lives less than 20 minutes away! I would love to be allllll up in her face, but I am busy as hell these days. We seem to talk on the phone twice a week, and usually she calls me up - which makes me feel like ROYALTY. (I am very strange in that I don't like calling people AT ALL). I've only seen her twice, and man, I tell you, this is one person that feels like family, i.e., I ain't all super quiet and nervous around her. I am free to be me. And it is a good thang when you meet people who you click with like that, you know??

We were on our usual email thread a couple of weeks ago, and someone asked the DJ DIVA what was the most fun thing that she's done since being in Atlanta.

She said, "The funnest thing we've done so far is see LEE!!!!! And that was fun!"

*crickets*

That left me speechless.

I sat there thinking... you have GOT to be kidding me.

I sent out quite a few emails saying simply "dayum".

It was quickly followed up with "Nucca pluease~ U know you funny as hell!!!!"

I didn't know what to say.

Why?

Because I am about as much fun as a root canal.

And for someone to say that about me?

Leaves me speechless.

I don't do things that are considered fun. I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't hit the clubs. That stuff is soooo twenty-something to me... Been there and have done MUCH of all that.

I am extremely solitary. I like quiet VERY quiet activities. Noise and crowds unnerves me something terrible. I like to read a book. I like to sit down and write. I like to crochet and work word puzzles. Anything that is quiet and therapeutic at the same time gets the thumbs up from me.

(I am such a nerd.)

It's always a shocking yet pleasant surprise when someone says something nice like that.

LadyTee said something one day, a few weeks before Memorial day, that left me speechless. I'd had a long day at worked (working on a Saturday! UGGH!), and was bone tired and I must say, just a little depressed. I picked her up after work, because we were going to do some running around for meat for our Memorial day barbecue. She wanted to hang out at my house with me, which I didn't understand really, because I just wanted to sit my ass down somewhere and be quiet.

Well, I pretty much left her to herself that evening. I believe she was over for about 6 hours or so. I think I kind of shuffled around the house that day, sitting in my favorite chair and working on a story for a few hours... and getting lost back in my bedroom looking at my own TV while leaving her out in the living room. I fried up some fish for dinner, and did a little housecleaning. I may have spent an hour with her at the most, but I was just pretty much wiped out that day and wanted to be alone... I mean, I think I even took a 2 hour nap or something.

I apologized to her the next day.

"I'm sorry, Shorty... I was just tired and a bit to myself yesterday. Sorry I wasn't that much fun."

She said "Lee, you know I don't care. I enjoyed myself so much. Just to be in the same house with my best friend. Nothing like it, girl. I was just so happy to see you and to be with you."

Shoot, man... That ish had me all teared up.

Left me... speechless.

I think about intangible things like that when I am not feeling all up to par or a little out of it...

Things that leave me speechless always lift my spirits.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:35:00 PM

    You truly sell yourself short Leezie...You are hilarious...and yes being with you and talking with you is more than "just like" family...you are my family...you, S23 and Ladybug...are the closest people to me...if that could seem possible through a blog....

    I don't like to call people either...but it's natural to just ring your phone mayne! And that convo I had with you and Lady Tee? Just like old girlfriends gabbing on the three way...

    You are awesome Lee really...I am blessed to have you in my life!

    And I don't care if you are a hermit who doesn't imbibe...we going bowling...we going to the movies...we gonna hit up a karoke and poetry spot....cause we may be oldgirls but WE AIN'T DEADGIRLS!!!!! Don't make me hafta to come down there and drag you outta the house Miss Thang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of undervalue the kind of impact we have on the lives of others. Something so simple can make all the difference to someone life on a daily basis. One of the things I love in friendship is someone just appreciating me the way I am. Not spending all their time devoted to the change they feel I need. G-d is working on me and that's enough.

    You have the most fantastic perspective of anyone I know-- on-line or off. (And I don't even knowyu that well)I can'ttell you howmany timesyou mentioned a book or said something that I didn't have to write down and chew. I agree with Diva-you sell yourself short.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang! What happened to the short post promise?

    It's evident you're good people and just being in your personal space brings others peace.

    I want you to know how important and filled with purpose you are. NEVER FORGET IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @The DJ Diva... Dude, unless you set up a bowling alley in my living room, I ain't going NOWHERE. LOL!

    I'm not selling myself short... I think I am just a bit self absorbed lately. I just don't see myself as someone who is "fun". My ideas of "fun" are far different from the masses.

    @Chosen...

    My online pastor... you said something profound...

    "One of the things I love in friendship is someone just appreciating me the way I am."

    That's real right there.

    @Rosemarie...

    That IS a short post, man!! You know how longwinded I am!

    Yes, being in my personal space brings me MUCH peace.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!