Thursday, September 06, 2007

A LadyLee Labor Day...

I don't know what's going on with me...

But, back in the day, I use to like to cook for the holidays.

Or at least go over to Grandma's house and do the darn thing. For the past few years, I've been going over to Auntie Joyce's house and chilling out with her. But lately, I have gone into hermit mode on holidays, especially this year. I sure miss the days when I was younger, and our family was close-knit. I've spent the past few holidays alone or with friends who bumrush me, LOL!

Plus, since the Opressor is working me like a Hebrew Slave, ANY little time that I DO get off, I like to sit on my tail alllllll day and relax. These days, that means putting a dent in some serious writing, sitting on the sofa working on various crochet projects, catching up on some reading and of course...

Taking in a LAW AND ORDER marathon...


*LadyLee cheesing real hard like Celie*

Yeaaaaah, baby. Law and Order is like crack, man. Can't get enough of it. It got so bad around my house on Monday that both me and my sister were looking at it and discussing some of the episodes in depth.

We are such nerds.

But alas... that is my idea of fun. At least I ain't out smoking, stealing, or shooting up folks...

Really though.

Anyway, I laid up on the couch and watched that most of the day. Took a quick trip to the Farmer's market for my fruits and veggies for the week, came back home and WATCHED MORE LAW AND ORDER!!

I didn't cook. Had some leftovers.



Yeah, I had stir fry... and it was leftover from last week. A little shrimp stir-fry goes a very long way.

I was almost tempted to cook, though. But the temptation left very fast. That blur of thought occurred when my personal DJ, THE DJ DIVA, who lives in the ATL now, called me up last week.

"Hey girl, why don't you cook for the holiday?"
**Lee laying back on the bed staring at the ceiling fan, contemplating cooking with the DJ.** "No."
"Come on Leezie... cook for me and the twins!"
"No."
"Cook, Lee! We can cook and play cards and-"
"DJ, do you realize that I hardly get any time off? I'm gonna sit in my house and stare at the wall."

She didn't bug me about it after that. Yo chick, we gonna get up soon...

Just not on my day off.

But never fear, we will do the darn thing... someday...

Believe that.

But while at work that Friday morning before Labor day, my friend and cubicle mate, the Cowgirl Cre, asked me if I wanted to go down to "the country" with her and her hubby Timmy-Tim.

Now, those of you who are NOT from the south may not know what "the country" is. This is what we city folks refer to as traveling far out of the city, usually to a relative's house. One will usually see open fields and cows and ish like that as one travels. One must also take some insanely long backroad to whereever one is going. One will eat a lot of food down in"the country".
And when gets dark out, it's pitch black dark because there are no street lights.

That is my best explanation of "the country".

"Come on Lee. Come to the country with us"
LadyLee looks at her suspiciously. Don't she know LadyLee needs her day off to herself??
"I'll think about it."

She almost got the "my only day off" spiel. We discussed this in depth for a good hour or so.

Well, I decided to go because they were leaving around 1 in the afternoon on Saturday, and coming back around midnight. That was cool with me. That still gave me some time off.

Because ya'll know how I feel about my time off.

So I went to "the country" with the Cowgirl Cre...

To be continued...

3 comments:

  1. I know that when I come to the A, I best have some food waiting on me! And I want to play some bones...a hardcore bone tournament with DJ, Scribe, Hen-Dog, and Tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like my husband on the weekends. He's so stressed that all he does is TV. No sir! Well, maybe sometimes.

    Does Diva know you "dis"missed her invite for a date with the country folk? Girl you had better start thinkin' about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Law and Order- all of the shows and you are right they are addicted. I didn't want to cook but hubby wanted barbeque so I did it in the oven for him. Usually he does all the grilling but I think he has lost interest since our daughter is in college.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!