Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I Remember...

In Memory of "9-11"



Everyone remembers exactly where they were on that tragic day...

I was on travel at the time, and stuck in Denver (click here for post).

I think what stuns me about tragedy is this...

A horrible tragedy occurs... and that is bad enough.

What gets me, and what runs much deeper, is the residual effects resulting from such a tragedy.

This thing here that happened on 9-11 some six years ago? It's still affecting those directly and indirectly connected to the tragedy. Husbands, wives, children, brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts, friends and neighbors were lost in the blink of an eye....

Fear was instilled in the hearts of people. Now that's a serious residual effect right there, the residue of which will be with us for years to come...

So I remember... and I say a prayer of those who were affected in any way by the events of 9-11.

In other words...

I say a prayer for us ALL.

1 comment:

  1. Where were you on September 11th?
    I wrote a post on it Monday. It's a tribute on "Only The Good."

    Prayer is powerful and knowing our source can be the difference between fear (defeat) and faith. Praying we move ahead, but never forget the faces and names of 9/11.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!