Monday, September 17, 2007

Babysitting Blues

I came home one day from work, with all my stuff in tow, struggling with my keys to open the front door. I opened it, and I saw this child.


I look to the left and then to the right, then back at her.

"Hi," she says.

"Uh, yeah," I reply. I look up to see my sister Kentucky standing in the kitchen. She immediately responds to the... inquisitive yet strained look on my face.

"This is my boss' daughter."

"Uh, when she going home?"

"Oh, they went out to dinner for their wedding anniversary, and they'll pick her up tonight."


I didn't say anything. I just went on into my room.

One thing about my sister Kentucky...

She loves the children, and the children love her. Heck, I am suprised she don't have 4 or 5 of her own, LOL. She likes to keep them... but she usually keeps them somewhere else besides my house. This was the first time that a kid was roaming around.

When I come home, I like PURE QUIET. The problem is that Kentucky and I work the same time shifts now, and that ain't possible. So I had to deal with this child running in and out of my room asking many questions of me as I lay across the bed.

"Where's the cat?"

"Why did you take your shirt off?"

"What you looking at on TV?"

"Where's the cat?"

(Oscar-Tyrone was hiding way under the bed... He wanted NO parts of the kid.)

My response to such questions was "Kentucky, can you get her?!!"

They hung out in the house for awhile. I was aghast when I saw them both sitting on my white sofa.

I don't even want to talk about that...

We all went outside. Kentucky wanted to take her to the park, but shoot, it was 100 degrees outside. I told them to stay on the front porch, in the shade.

Then I saw this:


I think she had 2 pairs of these shoes laying around, because I almost tripped up on a pair laying in the middle of the living room floor (sigh). I went outside because Mr. Thomas, a local, was cutting my grass, and I needed to pay him. He tried to talk to the little girl, but she responded with

"Don't you talk to me, you Old man!"

**crickets**

Yeah, she said a lot of crazy stuff that evening. And worse yet, she was noisy, which drove me nuts...

By the time her folks came to pick her up, I was fast asleep. Part of me wanted to stay up just to see the parents, and let them know how off the chain their kid was.

But I didn't do that.

I asked Kentucky... "You gonna keep her again?"

She responded with a hard "NO!"

Wow. Kentucky meets a kid she don't care too much for... that's a first!

Yeah, Kentucky... test the kids out on their own turf.Let's not test out the babysitting gig at my crib no more!!

LOL!!!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Ladylee, just dropping by to see what you been up to. It's been a while. I'm suffering from babysitting blues everyday but I am blessed. The little girl in the pic is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:17:00 PM

    Cute kid!

    All those questions kids ask can get on you nerves. She must have been something else if your sister, who loves the kids, said no to babysitting her again. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:31:00 PM

    How about I love her style...Those shoes were hot!!!!

    I can't imagine what you would do if I fixed my lips to ask you to watch the twins....but the thing is with them? Just send em in the backyard...They might trample your garden LOL

    Poor Leezie LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why are you trippin' about the kids? Girl, I know they run you ragged with no break in sight. It's 24/7! Thank God, it was only a short stay.

    I'm hosting a giveaway Monday - Friday this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm STILL mad that you posted her pick and basically labeled her as a bad a$$!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute kid..sounds like a terror, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @LB...

    She WAS a bad a$$. And I didn't put her name or anything... THAT would have been crazy, LOL. And I was a bit perplexed that she was still there when I went to bed. I have this fear of folks dropping off there childrens and not coming back for a few days!!!

    @Rosemarie...

    I am not use to kids. I can deal with age 10 and above, that's it.

    @The DJ DIVA...

    Nope, I ain't keeping the twins. They are TOO young... I'll keep them when the turn 16... that way they can drive me around, LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:14:00 PM

    Ladylee I only thought stuff like that happened in books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel you. Cute doesn't overshadow being a lil' bad ass. The one child I looked after (outside of my own) was hyper as hell and ate like a lil' Clydesdale. I'm still tripping off her with the old man comment.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!