Monday, October 15, 2007

Congratulations Heather!!

I would like to congratulate one of my beloved bookclub sisters, Heather, on the arrival of her bundle of joy... She delivered a 6 pound 1 oz baby girl, A.dia Joy!!! late Friday night.

I told Heather that I was gonna put her on **BLAST** on my blog... She was like, whatever, and was nice enough to pose for pictures. Here she is with her daughter Mariah.



Yeah, Heather did what my Mommy did: Have a baby when your kids are close to grown. That's the way to do it, Heather! Mariah, your Ma is about to wear you out!! "Mariah, run to the store for me!"LOL!!!

I attended her babyshower weekend before last. Just looking at her? Man, I knew Heather wasn't gonna make it to the following weekend...

The babyshower was held at Mama Nem's restaurant.

I didn't really know how to get there. I mean, I knew the place was on Memorial Drive, but Memorial Drive is LONG, so I called 411 information to get the phone number to the restaurant.
I worried about this. . . and rightfully so.

411 operator: Ma'am what was the name of that listing?
LadyLee: Mama and dem.
411 operator: WHAT?
LadyLee: Mama and dem. Something like that. It's on Memorial drive, out near Stone Mountain, I think,.
411 operator: **silence**
LadyLee: Uh, it's really an actual place.
411 operator: I have a "Mama Nem's".
LadyLee: Okay, that will do.

Geeeeez. So I got the name wrong. Whatever. Give me the number, lady, and keep it moving.

Now, with a name like that, I thought the place would be some craziness, i.e., I thought I would have to go in there strapped with a pistol or something. But the place was very nice, very classy. It's a soul food place, and the food was VERY good. It did taste like somebody's Mama was back in the hot kitchen throwing down.

I really enjoyed the babyshower, which was put together by two other book club sistas, Kita and Aunt Ray-Ray. There were all kinds of games and what-not, ALL of which I had no chance of winning, since I haven't dealt with a baby (my brother Milk and Cookies) in 20 years. So, uh, I can't win baby item pricing games, etc... ~sigh~

I also don't buy gifts for babyshowers. I MAKE them. Yes, I am extremely strange in that I like to give homemade, handmade gifts. Also, I can't pick out cute little baby clothes worth a damn. I made a baby blanket for Heather.


Heather already knew about it. We were at a babyshower for another book club sista, and Heather was sitting next to me when that sista unwrapped her lovely baby blue blanket. I grabbed Heather by the shoulder, squinted real hard and told her that she was getting the same thing. I know she got tired of me grabbing her and asking...

"You sure you having a girl? You are having a girl, right?"
"That's what the ultrasound said, LadyLee!"
*Lee squinting at Heather REAL hard*

"Alright, gal... if it's a boy, you still getting a pink and white blanket."

LOL!

As you can see, Heather liked the blanket.

Yes, it is white. Cowgirl Cre was tripping on that! (Lee, something's gonna leak on that!") LOL!! Well, yeah. But Heather? You can WASH it man. And wash it on the hard hot water cycle. It WILL NOT shrink, bleed, or fade!! But uh, you may just want to use that blanket for decoration, babes!! LOL!!

Like I said, I enjoyed the babyshower, and I enjoyed my dinner at Mama Nem's. I had the pork chop, mac-n-cheese, collard greens, and cornbread. It was very good! So good that I was cruising down Memorial Drive afterwards, heading back towards my crib downtown, a toothpick in my mouth, my windows down, full of the "itis", singing some Isley brothers tune booming loudly through my speakers...

*I wanna be liiiiving for the love of yoooooouuu! YOWWWWW! Aww, Yes I am!*

Note: I don't know where that "YOWWWW!" came from, because it's not in the lyrics of the song... That just let's you know that the Oldgirl was feeling GOOOOOOOD!!!

Yeah! Thank goodness that restaurant is a good 30 minutes from me... and thank goodness I'm on a budget! Or I would be in some SERIOUS trouble!!!

So, again... Congratulations Heather!

You finally got that baby girl on in here:)

2 comments:

  1. That blanket was so cute. Handmade, homemade gifts are the best. But, I haven't a creative bone in my body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had no idea you knit! i do too! that's a beautiful blanket though. you've just got talent oozing out the poors, sista.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!