Friday, October 26, 2007

Foto Fridays, Part I

I've been wanting to do a day of photos, as I have waaaay too many pictures laying around. So as a result, we will try out something new: "Foto Fridays"

I was clearing out my digital camera this morning, and came across a bunch of interesting photos...

Cake! My sister Kentucky loves my double chocolate coffee infused cake. I think I've made this cake about 5 times since last Memorial Day, always at her request.


I was about to leave to go somewhere one day (as always), and she ran up on me, saying "Lisa, if I give you my debit card, could you make that cake?" She got the hard eye squint, but I made it for her nevertheless, after a quick trip to the grocery store with HER debit card. (I got a few items for myself too. I bet she won't give me her card again, LOL.).

I forgot to purchase pecans, though. So I had to do the bootleg and grind up some Planter's party nuts for decoration instead.

My only stipulation is that she gets the up out of the house, like take it to work and share with her coworkers or something. For some reason, she don't like to do that. I thought I taught her to SHARE, but I guess that lesson didn't take hold.

Kay's been doing that lately... wanting me to make something for her right then. I wish she would tell me, like, a week in advance or something. I try to tell her how to do it herself, but she looks at me like I'm crazy, i.e., "I ain't making it, Lee! YOU do it!"

Hmm... I guess I'll just keep doing little things like that for her.

Grandma's Kitchen. Here's a pic of the bootleg store in our neighborhood, Mc.Gru.der's, i.e. "Grandma's Kitchen".

I've been in the neighborhood for 2 years, but have only gone down there once. I needed some flour or something, and was too lazy to drive to the White people's Kroger on Moreland, so I went there. For some reason, I thought I would have to walk up in there with a few weapons, but it is actually a nice place... That dayum SMALL bag of flour cost me over 2 bucks, but it is a convenient little place.

I had a shindig at my house a month ago, and I told my sister Kentucky to go there and get some ketchup and mustard, as I thought I didn't have enough.

"I think I'll walk, Lisa."
**Crickets**
"Uh, Kentucky? You should drive."
"No, it's nice out. I think I will walk."

That store is down there where the dope boys sell there wares, and where people just stand around for no reason. Poor Kay got harrassed the whole walk there. Let's just say she's not walking down to Grandma's Kitchen anymore.

Burnt! I like my chicken with a little burn on it... but this right here is ridiculous!!!

This right here is more like it!! (That right there is for YOU, Ms. Blackliterature.com. Hope you find that Texas style barbeque you searching for up there in Charlotte!)Tub! I love my bathtub... It's got the bootleg jets and all. I'm down for that. I took this pic a few days after me and Tiny finished painting the bathroom.
Nothing like a warm jetted bath, a good book, and my fantasy football paperwork. Heaven indeed!

Oscar-Tyrone. One thing I like about my cat Oscar Tyrone: that boy know he know how to relax.
We can all learn a lesson from him. I got a busy weekend coming up (as usual), but I DO plan to find a few minutes of time to lounge around.

That's it for now... see you next week, and have a good weekend!!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:31:00 PM

    Hmmm. I like your blog--this is the first time I've been over and definitely wont be the last!


    damn that cake looks good
    Have a good weekend

    www.yazmar.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I live in ATL. Can I have a slice of cake?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:06:00 PM

    I want some cake. Can I get a cake? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:24:00 PM

    How bout we get the recipe for the cake, since I live out of state and all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @all...

    Make your own cake... That cake is called the "Very Good Chocolate Cake", and it is found in Steve Peacock and Edna Lewis' The gift of Southern Cooking: Recipes and Revelations from Two Great American Cooks. They serve it up at the Watershed in Decatur for 7 bucks a slice. The recipe is straightforward (about an hour to make from scratch, frosting and all), but I had to change the recipe up a little... But it works well as is from the book...

    Yeah, make that ya'lls self!! LOL.

    *Ms.Blackliterature.com--

    Why don't you hook me up with that Southern Comfort cake recipe, mon?

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!