Monday, January 05, 2015

Happy First Monday Morning


Good Monday Morning! (Well Evening... meant to post this this morning but my computer keeps shutting down...)

I should be at work today. But I am not. I had pretty much left it open for myself whether I would take today off or not. Since I had that mindset waaaay back last year before Christmas, I decided to take it off. And I will spend the day just prepping for the week. I have to admit, I should have used the weekend to get my mentality ready for the week. AND if I hadn't slept late, I may have gone in. But since this was an iffy either/or day for me, I just chose to take off.

It's actually a beautiful day in my beloved ATL.  It has been raining cats and dogs for the past few days, and it is nice to see some actual sunshine. But it is COLD. It is 40 degrees right now, and it will get even colder later on in the week. This makes me want to go buy a coat. I haven't had a good one in years. I have a couple of heavy jackets, and when it is cold like this, I can't say I even hang around outside for long. It is moreso me moving from my car to job, from my job to car, from car to whatever place I need to go in. Now, if I was taking the trains or the bus everywhere, then that's a different story. I need coats, long johns, ear muffs, everything...

I received 5 pairs of gloves for Christmas, though.  So at least my hands won't be cold.

Anyway, I don't have much of anything to say. I am STILL thinking about my goals for the New Year. I don't like making resolutions. It seems as if tagging something as a "resolution" dooms it to automatic failure. And like I always say, I don't need a resolution. I need a revelation.  Things don't truly change for me until I have a revelation. They may appear to change, but they don't truly change. Not long term or forever.

I need that "Forever change".

And that is something I will think about.  I am still doing a lot of morning writing, as I spoke about in this post (thanks Shai for the book reference. I looked at my book shelves and I didn't immediately see the book so OH WELL, lol). It is interesting what one learns about one's self when one looks under the rugs of the heart.

Anyway, that's about it to me.

By the way, Happy Birthday to one of my favorite bloggers, one who has taught me much about the blogging game, Serenity_23. She has closed her old blog and has started another, Living My Faith, one that is more geared towards faith and other spiritual matters, which is right up my alley. I thoroughly enjoyed her series on prayer, and on gratitude, which took my thoughts on the subject matters to a whole nother level.I truly appreciate you. Thank you gal, for the past 9 years of friendship. We've had our ups and downs, our ins and outs, but through it all, I am so thankful for a friend like you, one who loves me even when I am at my worst. Thanks for all the advice, and chastisements too when needed.

Such friends are few and far between. Thanks for your friendship. You have truly been a blessing to me.

That's it for me! Have a good week.  And a good YEAR on purpose!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the kind words Old Gal! You have been a blessing to my life every since I met you. I remember driving to Charlotte and stopping in ATL to meet you for the first time and you had books for me! I'll never forget it..

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!