Thursday, August 17, 2017

A Special Birthday Month!

No it's not my birthday month. But it's my brother and sister's birthday month.

Happy 30th Birthday to Kari (Milk and Cookies), and Happy 36th Birthday to Kentucky.

(Today is actually Kentucky's birthday!)

I wanted to post my favorite picture of us. No, it is not a recent one, but it is one from some 29 or 30 years ago.


That picture is SO funny to me. We were so young. I was only 19, and I think Kentucky was 6 or 7, and Kari had just turned 1. (He was past 1. Maybe 18 months).  Kari had just learned to walk, no run, and I had to be sure to carry him. Whenever I put him down, he would take off running!  And it got old trying to chase him down before he fell down or ran into something.

That day, Kari told his first joke. The photographer said  to me, while posing us for the picture, "You got started early didn't you?"

I was bit perturbed by this, as people always thought (and still think) my brother and sister are my kids. "No, this is my brother and sister."

"Yes I is, Lisa," my brother yelled. "Yes I is!"

Meaning Yes I am your child.

The look I gave that boy as he fell out laughing. He was full of giggles.

Lawd. How upset that made me. And not to mention the awful look the photographer gave me. He looked at me like I was a liar.  

Kentucky had her own special brand of issues that day, namely her fascination with her arm on my shoulder. She thought propping her arm on someone shoulder like she did was a way of putting a curse on them.

(I to this day have NO idea where she got that whole idea from. NONE).   

And I myself was suppose to take a picture with my boyfriend that day, but I was mad at him. I snatched up my little brother and sister instead.

I am so thankful I did because that is the only picture I have us all together.

That is such a special memory, that day.

And over the past 30 years, it has been a pleasure to see them go and grow and do great things.

It makes my thoughts of them on their birthdays all the more special!

5 comments:

  1. I love everything about this ... Happy b-day to M&C and Kentucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated to Kentucky, and Happy Birthday to Milk and Cookies when his day comes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated to Kentucky, and Happy Birthday to Milk and Cookies when his day comes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated to Kentucky, and Happy Birthday to Milk and Cookies when his day comes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Kentucky and Milk & Cookies!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!