Friday, August 11, 2017

Friday Freestyles

Hey...

You know it's a good day when it's not raining cats and dogs. And you can open the sunroof of the Lexus!


GLORY!

You know it's a good week when you're folding clothes and a piece of currency falls out.

And it's NOT a $1 bill.

 

That was awesome. I immediately thought... I'm gonna SPEND that.

Especially since I was being way too lazy this morning with my snack preparation for the day.

How lazy is that? I usually slice up a pear or an apple, and some honeydew melon. I may even throw a strawberry or two over in there.

I didn't even remove the grapes from the stem.

I was running late and I just knew it was time to go to work. So that's all I had.

But it was good, though. Especially since I didn't have breakfast.

I had my $20 bill that mysteriously appeared in the dryer. And today is PAYDAY.

So I went out to lunch.

And I spent that money today at a new spot near the workplace... Babalus.


I've been there once before (last week). It's not all that. It is probably awesome for the midtown area, seeing that I have my favorite hole-in-the-wall tex-mex spots. NOTHING beats those spots.

Although they did have The Lucy Show playing up on the wall.


My favorite spots don't get down like that. I thought it was pretty cool. 

This is what I got, though.



One blackened redfish taco and two grilled shrimp tacos.

They were GOOD. That will be my go to menu item for now on. That and their Mexican street corn. That's some good stuff there!

But what I liked best was the glass of water I had. I asked for a side of lemon, but the waitress brought out lemon, lime, mint and blackberries.



That was GREAT! I will be rolling through there order more water with ALL of that!

And I will order one $3.75 taco.

I spent my $20. I was good and full. And I had to get back to work. I needed a good nap. STILL need a good nap. I will sleep well tonight, needless to say.

Atlanta Noir. Another reading in the books! We did some reading and discussion last night and it went well. It was shocking to see some peeps I did not expect to see. Thanks for coming out Aunt Ray-Ray and Erica! Ya'll shocked me. I'd been texting with Erica, but I was concentrating on getting there and reading. LadyTee and the fam came out, and that was cool. I read for a little longer (6 minutes instead of 4 minutes), and that was good, because I have one more reading and I can work on my delivery a little more.

I texted Tayari afterwards (she wasn't there).  She was all like "You didn't get any pictures?"

My answer: "No girl! I was trying to concentrate on reading!  Humph!!"

LOL

I enjoyed it. I will always remember this. I tell you that much. Even in my sad times, I will close my eyes and relive the moments!

New Haven Noir came out the same day as Atlanta Noir.





I may just go out and buy that one, too! 

Song of the Week. "Call Casting"  by Migos (parental advisory suggested for those with sensitive ears and hearts)

I like this song, but I like a dance troop's performance to the song. When I am feeling particularly sluggish, I watch this. It gives me energy. And wish I could move like them!



How funny is that? Whose apartment complex parking lot are they dancing in? Is that your complex, Ginae? Laura are they out in front of your apartment?

Just imagine being in the apartment and seeing them out there dancing. LOL.

Whelp. That's it for me! I have a writers group meeting tomorrow at a new location.  It will take me exactly 59 minutes to get there. So that means I need to get my money together TONIGHT. Make sure I have enough gas in my car TONIGHT. There is nothing worse then having to be on time somewhere far away and I have to stop for gas, stop for money, stop for breakfast. I am totally worn out by the time I get there.

So tonight I will get ready. I have to be there by 10:00 am, and the goal is to leave by 8:30 am.  So we will see how that works out.

You have a great weekend! On purpose! 

7 comments:

  1. Tacos look good. Glad the reading went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny, I do not know what I would do if I saw them. The video does make me want to get up and dance!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahaha....if I saw them well I'd go outside and get a closer look that's what I'd do! you always find the best food in the ATL. I want to try some of these establishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I Got My Loan From A Genuine And Reliable Loan Company

    My name is Mrs SMITH STEPHANIE. I live in Singapore I AM from Australia and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $200,000,00 and was scammed by those fraudulent lenders and a friend introduce me to MR IBRAHIM MUSA,and he lend me the loan without any stress,you can contact him at (powerfinance7@gmail.com)

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM
    **********************
    Your full name:
    Country/State:
    Loan Amount:
    Duration
    Phone:
    Monthly income:
    Occupation:

    Awaiting your swift response.
    May Allah bless you.
    IBRAHIM MUSA
    power Financial Service Pvt.
    Contact Him At :powerfinance7@gmail.com
    WhatsApp Number +919717357946

    ReplyDelete

  5. Do you need any kind of loan if yes my contract Mr Anthony who help me with a loan just few week's back , i just need to share this round the world to let people know that there are still good heated people in the world today . I really lost money to scammers online all because i was desperate for a loan . Until i saw a comment about him , contacting him his not a mistake but a dreams come through for me . Now I'm a happy man with my family . Contact him if you need any loan at : challotloan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. RELIABLE BUSINESS/HOME/REAL ESTATES/COMPANY/PROJECT/PERSONAL LOAN OFFER TODAY? QUICK AND AFFORDABLE LOAN CONTACT US VIA Call/Text +1(415)630-7138 Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    We are authorized financial consultants providing reliable loans to individuals and funding for business, home, personal and projects start up. Are you tired of seeking loans or are you in any financial mess. Do you have a low credit score, and you will find it difficult to get loans from banks and other financial institutions? then worry no more for we are the solution to your financial misfortune. we offer all types of loan ranging from $5,000.00 to $650,000,000.00USD with a low interest rate of 2% and loan duration of 1 to 35 years to pay back the loan secure and unsecured. Are you losing sleep at nights worrying how to get a Legit Loan Lender? If Yes worry no more for we are out here to help the less financial privileges get the loan they need to get back on their feet no matter your credit score, you can say goodbye to all your financial crisis and difficulties. Contact us on the following Call/Text +1(415)630-7138 Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    Do you have a bad credit? Do you need money to pay bills? Do you need loan to buy, refinance or renovate your home? Is it necessary to start a new business? Do you have an unfinished project due to poor funding? Do you need money to invest in any specialty that will benefit you? BENJAMIN LOAN INVESTMENTS FINANCE aims is to provide excellent professional financial services which include the followings
    *1 Personal loan
    *2 Business loan
    *3 Home loan
    *4 Farm Loan
    *5 Education loan
    *6 Debt consolidation loan
    *7 Truck Loan
    *8 Car Loan
    *9 Eviction Loan
    *10 Equipment Loan
    *11 Hotels Loan
    *12 Refinancing Loan and many more

    NOTE: GET YOUR INSTANT LOAN APPROVAL 100% GUARANTEED TODAY NO MATTER YOUR CREDIT SCORE. drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    Yours Sincerely,
    Dr Benjamin Scarlett Owen
    +1(415)630-7138
    drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com
    We are certified and your privacy is 100% safe with us. Worry no more about your financial problems.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM THIS GREAT COMPANY

    Hello my dear people, I am Linda McDonald, currently living in Austin Texas, USA. I am a widow at the moment with three kids and i was stuck in a financial situation in April 2018 and i needed to refinance and pay my bills. I tried seeking loans from various loan firms both private and corporate but never with success, and most banks declined my credit ,do not full prey to those hoodlums at there that call them self-money lender they are all scam , all they want is your money and you well not hear from them again they have done it to me twice before I met Mr. David Wilson the most interesting part of it is that my loan was transfer to me within 74hours so I will advise you to contact Mr. David if you are interested in getting loan and you are sure you can pay him back on time you can contact him via email……… (davidwilsonloancompany4@gmail.com) No credit check, no cosigner with just 2% interest rate and better repayment plans and schedule if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan without collateral then contact Mr. David Wilson today for your loan

    They offer all kind of categories of loan they are

    Short term loan (5_10years)
    Long term loan (20_40)
    Media term loan (10_20)
    They offer loan like
    Home loan............., Business loan........ Debt loan.......
    Student loan.........., Business startup loan
    Business loan......., Company loan.............. etc
    Email..........( davidwilsonloancompany4@gmail.com)
    When it comes to financial crisis and loan then David Wilson loan financial is the place to go please just tell him I Mrs. Linda McDonald direct you Good Luck.......................

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!